Steel prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
    We are currently running 60 days on coil stock.
    We need to be calling you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Yep. When I brought up how high it was a couple months ago I was told by resident experts I didn't know what I was taking about.

Now that’s not true or accurate
      You said it was expensive then because
      Of trumps trade policy
      Now you can see it wasn’t expensive, comparing prices today to just a few months ago, and Trumps policy actually had prices stable to down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MnM View Post
        Lumber is around twice as much too.
        Maybe even 3x or 4x to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
          If you need something you better buy in now, increases coming between now and August are insane.
          How would you know the prices in August? Futures markets?

Can't mean prices will for sure be that much higher..or you'd go buy all the money you have in steel today and sell in August, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
            Maybe even 3x or 4x to be honest.
            Yeah, that’s what my numbers are looking like. 4x year over year.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
              Inflation

Our govt is printing money like a drunk sailor , usd is being devalued
              It’s going to get worse

That's their plan. Trying to integrate that one world order.
              Start with leveling the field, have a one world currency, one ring to rule them all.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                Now that’s not true or accurate
                You said it was expensive then because
                Of trumps trade policy
                Now you can see it wasn’t expensive, comparing prices today to just a few months ago, and Trumps policy actually had prices stable to down.

His policy is what skewed it in the first place. Covid has made it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                  Does it take 30-45 minutes to get to the front of the que like Triple S?
                  Not at all normally I am in and out. The wait and customer service is why I moved from Triple S and so far the pricing has been in line.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                    Not at all normally I am in and out. The wait and customer service is why I moved from Triple S and so far the pricing has been in line.
                    Good to know. Closer to me and I'm sure in a better neighborhood. Do they keep any stainless or aluminum - you know the stuff that is really gold plated?

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                      I bought just enough steel to build a 4x6 platform on Friday....ouch. 2 sticks 3/16 2X2 square , 1 stick 3/16 3x3 angle, 4 sticks inch and half angle and was almost $500!!
                      Wowza!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MnM View Post
                        Lumber is around twice as much too.
                        Tell me about it! Building our house is ridiculous!

Comment

[QUOTE=RiverRat1;15578307]How would you know the prices in August? Futures markets?

Can't mean prices will for sure be that much higher..or you'd go buy all the money you have in steel today and sell in August, right?[/QUOTE

My original post was in relation to the prices we are being quoted through Aug, our increases probably average about 12-15% per month for deliveries each month through Aug. Our supplier is in allocation, so buying more is not an option. I have a lot of theories but there all just theories, I have been told that mills are only running at 70% capacity, not sure if that’s Covid related or if they are intentionally keeping supply down, at some point soon. I would think the increase in price will make it such that it is worth China’s effort to send their steel here and pay the tariff. In response to that I would think our mills would stop the run up short, I would think they have nothing to gain by running it up to a point where China get back in the game, if they do they could easily make up the deficit in supply.

Comment

I was looking at a midsize building, a kit sort of and the base was 5500 or thereabouts.
                            After reading the OP, I went a re-checked. now a 1105 "Manufactures" add on is there so it's 6600+.

Comment

I sell pre-painted steel coil. I would love to go and buy a bunch of material on position right now but it is not out there to buy on the ground. Last night I sent a small inquiry (22 truckloads) to Belgium, Turkey, Taiwan, and Korea. None have given me a price indication yet but they are indicating October/November arrivals! It’s not even about price for a lot of products, it’s “can you get the allocation?”

We are seeing the effects of hyperinflation on all hard commodities/assets. Steel, lumber, real estate are all in short supply and it does seem to be getting worse.

Comment

We buy over 3,000,000 pounds of flat stock a month at my company and were 12 weeks for delivery straight from the mill. They are blowing full throttle and the global demand is through the roof. The construction market globally is as good as it gets right now.

Turkey is buying an insane amount of raw material for rebar production.

Comment

Working...
                                X