No announcement yet.

Dominos Robot Delivery Now In HTown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was recently in one of those shut down the freeway Houston style pile ups and after the accident there is no way I want to be on the freeway with driverless cars let alone driverless 18 wheelers.

Coming back into town south just shy of HW 6. Gorgeous weather around 10:30 am. Going 70mph because the law is thick on this stretch of 59. 18 wheeler to my left me empty lane to my rt and then another 18 wheeler in the far rt lane. Smooth sailing until a car cane speeding by us in the empty lane. Clapped out 2006 Mazda 4 door. As it sped by I noticed the front rt tire was the doughnut spare.

My brain instantly flashed back to drivers ED in 1986. Your supposed to stay on the feeder with those, never the freeway. That thing is going to blow. Not a second later it blew. Then the car immediately started doing 360's. Another drivers ED flashback. They locked up the brakes.

I watched this car going 75+ bounce off the 18 wheeler to my left all the way across all the lanes into the other 18 wheeler to my RT and now its coming directly at me. I am going to hit these guys head on with a car whose trunk & hood are open and the contents of the trunk and guts are still flying around in the air.

My motorcycle instincts kicked in and instead of locking up the brakes I punched it and dove to the left hand concrete wall to try to get past them. They barely got me but more importantly I didn't kill these two guys in the car.

The drivers all get together to start the process. Behind us there was a car with 4 LA LEO's in it on their way home & they saw it all go down so there was no lack of witness, these idiots were at fault.

At the license & insurance meet and greet the two 18 wheeler drivers were cussing out the drivers who somehow walked away from this. My Spanish es bien pero I couldn't keep up.

In the parking lot sort it out area I asked the 18 wheeler drivers minus the cussing what were yall saying to those guys.

At this point we know who was driving the car & passenger were. Two Puerto Ricans with no ID, expired insurance and no drivers license. 20&22 years old.

They were cussing out the guys for driving on a spare on the freeway, before you drive again TAKE DRIVERS ED you @#$%#$^%^&^*((%(*&). I started laughing and so did they when we realized all three of us has the same millisecond flashback of drivers ED as well when our eyes saw the spare tire.

What I didn't realize because it happened so fast was both of them started get as far away from the car but the tire blew so fast it didn't help the guys in the car so much but their actions gave me enough space to get by them.

All of the LEO's from LA who witnessed the crash said if I hadn't dove RT those two dudes would have been killed if I would have hit them straight on because there wasn't much left of their car.

In this specific accident human life experience saved two guys lives and I don't have to go on with my life with having the memories of killing two idiots and don't have to wait on a lawsuit from their families to shake me down.

The idea of robot 18 wheelers on the road scares the living stool out of me.
    I don't want to hear statistics from testing either. I think right now your not paying enough attention what statistics our govt tells us are meaningless now. Sure they will say they are safer but real world statistics won't be available till they start crashing them & killing people.

Remember when the two Boeing 737 Max's went down back to back & they grounded the fleet and they blamed Boeing for all those deaths?

Two old frat bros are pilots. Southwest & Hawaiian airlines. When planes go down we always ask them how drunk do you think they were blah blah. They generally laugh it off but these crashed really got to them. This specific aircraft is generally considered the favorite among pilots, this was human error, the odds of two brand new planes going down back to back it like getting struck by lightning while partying with Bigfoot.

They took over the group txt with shoptalk that none of us understood. Finally someone said speak English please.

"There is a known glitch in the software that is covered EXTENSIVELY in TRAINING on how to override the computer and you actually have to fly the plane yourself. From the flight data neither of these flight crews started the sequence of disabling the computer glitch, they basically kept trying to restart the failing system. Obviously these crews were flying the planes around without having the proper training banking on the computer glitch never happening. These people were killed."

Trusting technology with humans has its consequences.

Comment

Working...
    X