No announcement yet.

My trailer tire fell off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy, same thing happened to my dad yesterday except with a boat. Fender held it on until he stopped.

Comment

Gonna check lugs on the camper tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I won’t name the tire company ... but I had four new aluminum wheels and tires just installed and they over torqued them- I figured this out real quick when I was rolling through dripping springs and I heard an extremely loud noise when all of the lugs sheared accept for 1 and the wheel slammed up and tore my bed up , then snapped and rolled right past me , it did catch a green light and rolled perfectly through the intersection in which a lady was standing in the road and caught it! All of this with 1000 pounds of corn in the bed!
        Last edited by Bucknaked; 04-19-2021, 09:03 PM. Reason: Messed up

Comment

That’s crazy

Comment

Been there and done that. Thankfully I had pulled into the Allsups in Post and noticed the wheel looked funny. Bearing gave out and I was lucky it did not fly off! Everything was a mess!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
              I won’t name the tire company ... but I had four new aluminum wheels and tires just installed and they over torqued them- I figured this out real quick when I was rolling through dripping springs and I heard an extremely loud noise when all of the lugs sheared accept for 1 and the wheel slammed up and tore my bed up , then snapped and rolled right past me , it did catch a green light and rolled perfectly through the intersection in which a lady was standing in the road and caught it! All of this with 1000 pounds of corn in the bed!
              This sounds about as crazy as the bobcat video going around.

Comment

Happened to my niece after she bought new tires from Discount. Called them and they sent out a wrecker to pick up the car. Took it to a shop to get the lug nuts replaced. When we picked it up, the shop said they do 10 or 12 a week from 2 discount locations.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                  This sounds about as crazy as the bobcat video going around.
                  It wasn’t pretty !

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    Happened to my niece after she bought new tires from Discount. Called them and they sent out a wrecker to pick up the car. Took it to a shop to get the lug nuts replaced. When we picked it up, the shop said they do 10 or 12 a week from 2 discount locations.
                    I wasn’t going to name them but you hit the nail on the head!

Comment

I had a similar problem

Comment

I thought this was my post popping back up from a couple of months ago. I had a tandem axle horse trailer with a horse in it loose a tire while driving at 70mph. I didn't even notice until I got to the final location. My lug nuts were loose and it broke the bolts off.

Comment

Like Big Lee says check your NUTS.and Tire press and Oil and Coolant and Fuel Level...make it routine...Its your responsibility a a Driver or you could be a WALKER...

Comment

Working...
                          X