Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desert Bighorn Sheep-Doc’s shot at Carmen Island!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I mentioned before, 7 years ago I had too many drinks in Vegas at the SCI show and walked over to the Mexico Hunts booth. Mark Bueher from BSC introduces me to Sergio and I asked what it would take to book a sheep hunt on the island. With a handshake and $5000 deposit we set dates for 5 years in to the future.

A year later this spunky plastic surgeon walked in to my office and I ended up taking her to a charity event. Who knew she would become my wife and hunting partner! From the very beginning I told her how amazing this trip to Carmen Island would be. She was truly as excited as I was about this hunt!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This sounds good. Congrats again

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

She turned out to be quite the huntress and proved that even a girl who isn’t 5 feet tall can climb any mountain just one step at a time!!!

Comment

Overall things have been great and even as a married guy I continued to hunt and knock out some of the North American 29. Here is my Tule elk from last year.

It wasn’t always easy along the way and I know nobody has the perfect life. A couple years ago I lost my mother after a surgical complication, I had a complaint filed against me with the State Board(successfully defended and dismissed), and had a lawsuit filed against me. Times were tough! But, perhaps worst of all, we tried to have a child and were unsuccessful. That affected me in ways I could have never imagined and hunting really didn’t seem that important for a while. With that we did push Carmen Island back a year. Just days before leaving for the hunt last year the border closed due to Covid. Crap!!!!!!!!

Comment

As always, there is lots of prep that goes in to these hunts. Tuning bows, building arrows and trying to get in shape. I was shooting 5-6 days per week over the past several months but I always shoot year round.

Comment

Awesome trip, Doc. Always enjoy following along.

Comment

Epic trip, can’t wait to hear the rest!

Comment

Heck yeah!! Tuned in!!!

Comment

Congrats Doc!!! Ready for the story, and please start posting again.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

Overall things have been great and even as a married guy I continued to hunt and knock out some of the North American 29. Here is my Tule elk from last year.

It wasn’t always easy along the way and I know nobody has the perfect life. A couple years ago I lost my mother after a surgical complication, I had a complaint filed against me with the State Board(successfully defended and dismissed), and had a lawsuit filed against me. Times were tough! But, perhaps worst of all, we tried to have a child and were unsuccessful. That affected me in ways I could have never imagined and hunting really didn’t seem that important for a while. With that we did push Carmen Island back a year. Just days before leaving for the hunt last year the border closed due to Covid. Crap!!!!!!!!

Keep on keeping on Doc!!

Congrats to you and the little Misses on living the dream

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

This was yesterday morning with the wife. But now I have a cigar, a beach and a woman to enjoy!!!!

Docmay the "most interesting bowhunter in the world".

Congrats on an epic hunt and trip!

Comment

Followed on Instagram and was hoping we’d get the full story. Congrats again!

Comment

Huge congrats on the trip and being in what seems a great place in life. Persisting through some real hardships and willing to share all of it with us. You tell a story very well and we are lucky to get to enjoy that. Tuned in for “the rest of the story.”

Comment

Congratulations Doc! Can’t wait to hear about the hunt

Comment

Desert Bighorn Sheep-Doc’s shot at Carmen Island!!!!

Can’t wait for the rest. Congrats on the awesome animal.

Comment

Working...
                                X