JFT Turkey Tour 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
    Looks like you guys are set for an awesome opener.

LO at a new property we were supposed to go to just flaked on us. Looks like I'm headed to the hill country again to shed hunt and take inventory for the north zone season. Picked up right at 100 last weekend.

Good luck south zoners! I'll be following from the cheap seats

Dangit! 100 sheds ain’t no joke

Things may get interesting in the morning. Plan is to set the jake strutter right where the group of 8 longbeards landed in the field. With some luck, they’ll land within bow range!

I’m not sure on the video lighting at 7:20 in the morning but I’ll have the camera rolling.

PoPo gets first shot....unless Chelska happens to wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

Things may get interesting in the morning. Plan is to set the jake strutter right where the group of 8 longbeards landed in the field. With some luck, they’ll land within bow range!

I’m not sure on the video lighting at 7:20 in the morning but I’ll have the camera rolling.

PoPo be like why do I always get relegated to back up...

Comment

What time will you be set-up? Going out this evening to set-up pop-up, so just need to sneak in a set-up decoys.

Comment

Good luck this weekend! We’re heading up to RR to check on things, hopefully we’ll have some good birds on camera. They did a lot of clear cutting this past fall, birds love that stuff. I’m impatiently waiting for my draw hunt on the 13th and then our Eastern season kicks up on the 22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
            What time will you be set-up? Going out this evening to set-up pop-up, so just need to sneak in a set-up decoys.

We just got back from setting the blind. We’re within 100 yards from where they roossted last night.

I’m talking to PoPo now and I think we decided in being setup & waiting by 6:30. First gobbler hit the field at 7:16 this morning

Comment

Are bearded hens pretty common?
              Attached Files

Comment

We just got back from setting the blind. We’re within 100 yards from where they roossted last night.

I’m talking to PoPo now and I think we decided in being setup & waiting by 6:30. First gobbler hit the field at 7:16 this morning
                Good luck!!

Comment

We already have the popup set and the decoys set inside

Regardless, PoPo has asked me at least a dozen times “where we sitting?” and “what decoys we using?” ! He’ll change his mind a thousand times between now and daylight

Comment

Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck to all heading out in the morning

Comment

Good luck you degenerates.......

Pretty excited, headed to atascosa county in the morning to see if we can’t kill a few!

Comment

Regardless, PoPo has asked me at least a dozen times “where we sitting?” and “what decoys we using?” ! He’ll change his mind a thousand times between now and daylight

Prolly already drinking coffee!

Comment

Good morning ladies!

Comment

What’s the decoy set up look like today?

Good luck today!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                                What’s the decoy set up look like today?

Good luck today!

I’ll let PoPo make the final call on the drive in

But I’m thinking....strutter jake, breeder hen, and 2 feeders

PoPo may choose to go with the 1/2 strut jake instead

Comment

Working...
                                X