Post your pics: illegal border crossing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    Why? I’ve got plenty that were born here that I’d happily trade for some good legal immigrants. I say let one in....give him seven days to find someone he should replace and explain why. All immigrants aren’t bad and all citizens aren’t good. Legal immigration should not be easy, but it should be simple. That’s how all our forefathers got here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess there’s a first time for everything but I’m gonna have to disagree with you Curt. As a “laborer”...there’s no way we can compete with the South American immigrants. Let’s take Mexico for instance. They are use to making $10 a day and come here to make $10 an hour. If you pay me per hour what I was use to making in a day...I will wear a depends diaper and go #1 and #2 in my drawers at my work station. I’ve been busting my *** and have had a steady income since I was 12 and there’s no way I can complete with them. I understand it from a CEO stand point but you need to also look at it from a grunts stand point. Every American that loses their job to an immigrant is another American we have to support via welfare

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
      All of them are criminals and need to be arrested and deported immediately to their country of origin. We have an immigration system and it’s not broken contrary to what people say and notice when people say our stream is broken they never tell you what exactly is broken about it. That’s because they can’t, it’s just a talking point and it’s easy and it resonates with ignorant people that don’t take the time to dig deeper. I’ve worked in an industry alongside mostly ex-pats for more than 20 years and I’ve watched many many of them go through the process. Is it easy? No. They have to justify they are here doing a job that an American can’t and that’s the way it should be. Everyone of these illegals just cheapens the effort of all those that went through the process lawfully to become an AMERICAN. I’ve had colleagues / friends that had to leave because they weren’t granted a visa and it ****** me off every time i see an illegal knowing they will eventually get to stay when a productive, educated friend could not.

It’s pretty funny how the govt can gain control over the entire US population in less than a year and force them to stay home, out of restaurants or churches, to wear a mask but we just can’t control our borders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      This^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        Guess there’s a first time for everything but I’m gonna have to disagree with you Curt. As a “laborer”...there’s no way we can compete with the South American immigrants. Let’s take Mexico for instance. They are use to making $10 a day and come here to make $10 an hour. If you pay me per hour what I was use to making in a day...I will wear a depends diaper and go #1 and #2 in my drawers at my work station. I’ve been busting my *** and have had a steady income since I was 12 and there’s no way I can complete with them. I understand it from a CEO stand point but you need to also look at it from a grunts stand point. Every American that loses their job to an immigrant is another American we have to support via welfare

You missed my point. I, as CEO, made the decision years ago to use E-Verify for our hiring practices. It differentiates us from the competition, sometimes at a huge disadvantage. But that’s my conscience. What I propose, Is when someone comes here and wants to work, we send them someone that doesn’t want to. There is no shortage of lazy, no count, Americans that don’t appreciate where they were born.

Comment

Met a guy from Pakistan yesterday. Took him and his wife seven years to immigrant. He wasn’t angry but was proud they did it legally. He worked his way up to finance manager at Atkinson Toyota.

Comment

You missed my point. I, as CEO, made the decision years ago to use E-Verify for our hiring practices. It differentiates us from the competition, sometimes at a huge disadvantage. But that’s my conscience. What I propose, Is when someone comes here and wants to work, we send them someone that doesn’t want to. There is no shortage of lazy, no count, Americans that don’t appreciate where they were born.

There is no shortage of lazy, no count, Americans that don’t appreciate where they were born.
            You got that right!!
            And have no WORK ETHICS..
            My dad had a stroke when I was 11 I got me a job.. get of bus 3:30 walked to work at a plant nursery and fruit stand worked until 8:00
            All day Saturday and Sunday and give momma my check.
            We raised chickens and rabbits for meat.. and had a garden..
            Also a wood burning stove.. guess who was the chicken and rabbit cleaner and wood splitter..
            I’ve had nothing and I’ve had plenty..
            I just hit 59 years old..
            bad knees a little chunky, but I get up every day and go make a living.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
              Here is an irony. Ive been hanging out near the river on the Mexican side for over 30 years. I am off the river just a few miles. In all that time I have never seen anyone on the ranch that didn't belong there. Have only gotten pics of anyone maybe twice and that close to a hwy. Granted the military will drive thru the ranch occasionally . But they are friendly. we have a good relationship with them and they never drive thru the ranch during hunting hours Never had anything broken into or damaged in any way.

Not making a point, just observing
              being on the Mexican side is no problem - 13 years on our lease close to Eagle Pass - this past season we were literally run over by illegals - they walked into our camp and demanded food and water - saw many drug runners walk by our stands - they unplugged our lights at night so they could charge their phones - caught them breaking into our mobile homes - it is a massive issue and real - enough of an issue to make folks not want to hunt south texas

Comment

Comment

Lots of Americans not willing to do the work immigrants are doing. Try finding US citizens for melon, onion, or cabbage harvest. You won’t. Why would they toss melons for $75/day when they can sit home and collect for doing nothing. Two sides to every argument. If it weren’t for immigrants (mostly illegal) you could kiss the ag industry goodbye!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                    Here is an irony. Ive been hanging out near the river on the Mexican side for over 30 years. I am off the river just a few miles. In all that time I have never seen anyone on the ranch that didn't belong there. Have only gotten pics of anyone maybe twice and that close to a hwy. Granted the military will drive thru the ranch occasionally . But they are friendly. we have a good relationship with them and they never drive thru the ranch during hunting hours Never had anything broken into or damaged in any way.

Not making a point, just observing
                    Yup, seen 2 or 3 in 18 years while hunting.

Comment

im ok with legal immigration but this illegal crap needs to be stopped now and the generational welfare needs to stopped too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post
                        What are policies other countries have? What do you have to do to move from Texas to Mexico legally? What do you have to do to be able to get to the money their citizens have paid to the government?
                        Not sure on any policy specifically, but if millions of people suddenly started invading any other country in the world, ordinance would be flying, almost guaranteed.
                        It's not something you just kick back and watch, then say, ok let's do something about it.
                        And the bigger it gets, bigger the death toll.
                        Cartels will become more emboldened, it will be easier for people to compete with the cartels which will result in killings, more drugs than ever will be flowing across the border, and a million other thing's.
                        BP will be so overwhelmed, it will become pointless.
                        It's gonna be nightmare down there, and it's only getting started.
                        3rd world country

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                          Lots of Americans not willing to do the work immigrants are doing. Try finding US citizens for melon, onion, or cabbage harvest. You won’t. Why would they toss melons for $75/day when they can sit home and collect for doing nothing. Two sides to every argument. If it weren’t for immigrants (mostly illegal) you could kiss the ag industry goodbye!
                          ^this!!!! When I worked at John Deere the majority of the farmers workers were illegals I would say 9 out of 10 didn’t speak English but those guys would work their butts off and never complain. They were always grateful and polite, I’m sorry but those people work jobs that most won’t do and get paid a lot less than most. I take offense to some of these comments but I won’t argue about it. My grandparents on both sides crossed that imaginary line years and years ago to make a better life for their kids and I’m grateful for the sacrifice they made.

Comment

Even being up North in Tarrant County, we wonder what the experience on the border is actually like. Good thread, in it for the pics, as someone said earlier. Thanks to those who offered constructive comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                              being on the Mexican side is no problem - 13 years on our lease close to Eagle Pass - this past season we were literally run over by illegals - they walked into our camp and demanded food and water - saw many drug runners walk by our stands - they unplugged our lights at night so they could charge their phones - caught them breaking into our mobile homes - it is a massive issue and real - enough of an issue to make folks not want to hunt south texas
                              Exact same experience and area here. During the 2020 season we blamed the increase on the wall down south, pushing them further up the river. The traffic now is insane. We heard them talking in the brush friday night while we were around the fire but they never approached us. They moved into one of our camp houses after the freeze. They cooked and ate all the food, water, beer, etc, watched TV and opened all the blinds to see if anyone was coming their way. They even stole the BP camera that was in the camp house...... They usually move through us very quickly and this is the 1st time they've camped out for a few days.

Comment

Unfortunately those “lazy, no count, Americans that don’t appreciate where they were born” aren’t going nowhere...they live off of welfare via our tax dollars. If every company “manned up” like you did we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X