Continued prayers! He's got my vote.

Comment

Praying

Comment

Just got caught up. Great news. Still Praying

Comment

prayers up

Comment

Day 37 update. At 8:00 am the phone rang. I answered and heard Emmett's doctors' voice. These calls never bring good news, and caused for instant fear in me. Last time we recieved a call from the doctor, we were informed that Emmett had a serious blood infection. The doctor made sure to quickly inform me that Emmett was ok. Now I can breath. But what he said next left me stunned. The picc line was starting to turn red and inflamed, forcing them to pull it. Some of the longest tenured nurses there have never heard of a baby needing 4 picc lines, especially one his age.

As the medical team arrived at Emmett's door for rounds, the situation looked bleak. He still had 12 days remaining on his infection treatment, so the thought was to try a peripheral line first to see if it holds up a little better, or try the picc line yet again. The doctor said he would have a conversation with infectious disease to see about any alternatives, but it was unlikely. As the day went on, Krystal and I headed from Emmett's room to grab some things from the Ronald McDonald house. Someone called out to us as we were walking down the hall. It was Emmett's doctor, and judging from the smile on his face, we wanted to hear what he had to say. He excitedly informed us that the infectious control doctor approved the use of an oral treatment for his medication!! Krystal and I high fived (not sure where that came from, just spontaneously seemed like the thing to do), as this was the absolute best news we could have received from this!

We were also able to wean his oxygen requirements some today, dipping down to the mid 30% at several points. Emmett continues to grow impressively, adding a couple oz to a whopping 2 lb 14 oz. We expect to eclipse the 3 lb mark by Monday!

Overall, the day was about as good as it gets. No more IV or picc lines is a huge accomplishment. Your continued prayers and support of Emmett has brought him a long ways thus far. We're blessed parents, there is no other way to describe it. Thank you all.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 38 update. With today, we've hit our milestone of 30 weeks gestational age. This of course doesn't guarantee anything, but it gives us hope that we're behind the premature issues we've been combating. Mr Emmett had a great day again today. That never gets old saying! His milk feeds were bumped up to 20 ml. He continues to tolerate his feeds well, which is evident in his weight gains. Emmett is maintaining his O2 requirements in the mid 30% range still.

We had a discussion with the neonatologist today about Emmett's heart. There is still some uncertainty about what would be best to do regarding the PDA valve. This is a tough one to explain, but I'll try my best. There are thoughts that the hypertrophy may be related to a slightly narrowed pulmonary valve. One way to help this is to lower the heart rate so more blood flows into the left ventricle, thus pumping more volume through the pulmonary to help open it. As you know, Emmett's heart rate is already low due to the heart block. However, with the PDA valve being open, its allowing more blood to flow into the left ventricle, thus achieving the same desired effect. On the flip side, the open PDA is allowing oxygen rich blood to fall back in with oxygen poor blood. Emmett continued to tolerate the open PDA for now, so the plan is to leave it be.

Thank you all for the continued prayers and support. Its been so amazing to read all the posts of prayer and support from friends, family, and complete strangers on each update. Your support has helped us along immensely.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Praise God! Prayer continues

Comment

Bless you and your family. Praying for you all.

Comment

Praise God for this report!! Go Emmett Go!!

Lord Jesus, THANK YOU for this MIGHTY WORK!! Thank You for allowing us to share in this little one's life! Colton, you sir are a super-hero yourself! What great write-ups whether good or bad news, they are delivered with such feeling and yet grace. Thank You Lord for giving the gift to Colton. Thank You Lord for this family. We ask Lord that You heal his heart next. Close this deformity and give his heart strength to continue to grow strong. Increase his lung capacity to the perfect condition. Thank You Jesus for all You are doing in this family. To our Father we pray through Your name Jesus, Amen.

Comment

I keep praying every day!!!!! I’m glad to hear the latest reports, and pray things keep improving!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

More prayers up

Comment

Greatness. Thank you Lord for your supernatural ways. Amen

Comment

More prayers for Emmett.

Comment

Prayers Continuing!

Comment

Glad that Emmett is progressing and growing well and that there have been many more good days lately. Continued prayers for Emmett and your family. He is a fighter for sure, he's gonna be the toughest, scrappiest kid around!

Comment

Working...
                                X