Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iphone users...how do y'all make it through life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you can download Google Maps on the Iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
      I've never had an Iphone, but friends have them. The biggest thing I've noticed is that Siri sucks compared to Hey Google. I can do a search for something and quickly find it, but Siri frequently has trouble, even with the same search terminology. Google is a much, much better search engine.
      This also. I know there is a work around for the iphone, but I don't want to set up work around a for a $1000 phone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

We were in the Apple ecosystem for a while then left after iphone 6. I bought a Samsung Note and never looked back.

Last summer my wife bought 4 ipads and 2 imacs for our kids since she homeschools them. At that time she asked me if I wanted to give Apple another shot since the iphone 11 pro had just come out. I thanked her kindly for the generous offer and said "no thanks but I will take a Note 10 plus please".

Best phone I've ever owned.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll take it off your hands for $18.

Comment

Originally posted by kbriers01 View Post
            iPhone is a product that has an excellent die hard following. Unfortunately, the phone itself is a joke. I have had and still have iPhones through work and every model that I’ve had works great for a bit, then the “glitch” phase kicks in. Phone freezes, ringer/settings reset, have to restart every 3 weeks or so and whatever you do, don’t update! ALL of us at work have problems after an update. Fix some issues and create others. Ask around what happens to iPhones when a new model is getting released! May be coincidence (every time) but for some reason, they sure seem to act up even more.

Only reason we have them is due to parent co getting great deals on apple products. Otherwise, we would all have android devices. Only positive I can say about an iPhone is they are amazing at blocking viruses.

I agree with this. Hate the updates

Comment

I’m averaging 5 years for each iPhone. And have never had any of the issues that I always hear about. Guess I’m just extremely lucky...or those who always have issues are extremely UNlucky

Comment

I’m an IT Engineer. Will always be married to Microsoft/Linux operating systems for PC, but I prefer IPhones for cell use. Never thought I would until forced.

They are simply more robust.
                Last edited by BeerMe; 10-26-2020, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I switched from Android to Iphone about 2 years ago. Just now thinking I'm glad I made the switch.

Comment

My entire family is Android diehards. The wife and I are Apple fans considering we don’t want to learn anything new. You either love them or hate either imo.

Comment

My wife recently decided to buy a iphone, she was not happy at all for weeks. People could not hear her, when talking to her on the phone. She took it back to the store where she got it from, they tried to change some settings, no improvement, then she was sent to the Apple store. They tried messing with it, then decided it needed to get shipped off. So they shipped it off, she was without a phone for a week. Boy she was not happy. She spent a lot of money for that phone, it did not work from day one, then after taking off work twice, she had to ship it back to Apple, then they took a week to get her another phone. No loaner, no immediate exchange, nope, you get to wait a week for another phone to get shipped to you. Then that phone worked just as bad as the first phone. Nobody could hear her. During the weeks this was going, on you did not bring up the subject of phones, around her.

So I think about four weeks after the whole mess started, she just went back in and bought a iphone 11 to replace the brand new iphone 10 or X she had. They gave her a whopping $288 credit on that month old iphone 10 she had just bought and had hell with. She paid a lot of money to finally get a phone that functions good. I like my cheap phone, it works, her old cheap phone worked, but she works with many women who have iphones, so she had to have one. I have zero desire to own one. While my wife was having all of the phone problems, my buddy offered to give us some of his old work iphones, but I don't care to get started in the whole iphone, apple mess.

I will admit, that phone will do things, I never knew a phone could do, but I don't really care. She was showing me how you could put the phone on camera mode and point it at something and it would give you the dimensions of the object. That's pretty neat. But when you buy a phone, it nice that you can call people and they can hear you and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                        It comes with a USB-C cable only but no block. So basically if you didn't have an Iphone 11 you will have to buy the charging block separately. I think that's BS and Apple wants to use the excuse of environmental friendly approach.
                        Any charging block works.

Comment

5C here.

Comment

I started out with Iphones. Biggest POS I ever. Best change I ever made was going to samsung.

Comment

Went from Apple to Android that lasted a bout a week. So glad to back with an IPhone. Learn to use it and you will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                                My wife recently decided to buy a iphone, she was not happy at all for weeks. People could not hear her, when talking to her on the phone. She took it back to the store where she got it from, they tried to change some settings, no improvement, then she was sent to the Apple store. They tried messing with it, then decided it needed to get shipped off. So they shipped it off, she was without a phone for a week. Boy she was not happy. She spent a lot of money for that phone, it did not work from day one, then after taking off work twice, she had to ship it back to Apple, then they took a week to get her another phone. No loaner, no immediate exchange, nope, you get to wait a week for another phone to get shipped to you. Then that phone worked just as bad as the first phone. Nobody could hear her. During the weeks this was going, on you did not bring up the subject of phones, around her.

So I think about four weeks after the whole mess started, she just went back in and bought a iphone 11 to replace the brand new iphone 10 or X she had. They gave her a whopping $288 credit on that month old iphone 10 she had just bought and had hell with. She paid a lot of money to finally get a phone that functions good. I like my cheap phone, it works, her old cheap phone worked, but she works with many women who have iphones, so she had to have one. I have zero desire to own one. While my wife was having all of the phone problems, my buddy offered to give us some of his old work iphones, but I don't care to get started in the whole iphone, apple mess.

I will admit, that phone will do things, I never knew a phone could do, but I don't really care. She was showing me how you could put the phone on camera mode and point it at something and it would give you the dimensions of the object. That's pretty neat. But when you buy a phone, it nice that you can call people and they can hear you and vice versa.
                                My wife has to talk with her Iphone junk on speaker or you can't hear her.

Comment

Working...
                                X