Automatic gate openers recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    If you mount the safety beams on top of the control box it works easier.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

They are inside the box. I was having a voltage drop issue and a dip switch setting issue. Plus me being the electrician controls guy that I am, was determined I could just bypass them. That wasn’t happening. They have them set up as fail safe so the gate won’t work if it doesn’t see the signal from them.

So I mounted them with the beams facing each other inside the box. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      I looked at Ghost Controls and they are not priced all that high.

Turns out that my gate problem was a bad battery. It won't hold a charge. New battery and we are all good again.
      Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
      US automatic patriot
      Mine is 13 years old. Other than replacing a battery ever so often I’ve had zero issues
      If you put in a gell cell battery the problem will be fixed. My battery on the opener at my old house is still going after 17 years. I put one in for a customer 21 years ago that is still going.

Comment

I’m having a liftmaster put in soon, heard they were high quality and trouble free

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            They are inside the box. I was having a voltage drop issue and a dip switch setting issue. Plus me being the electrician controls guy that I am, was determined I could just bypass them. That wasn’t happening. They have them set up as fail safe so the gate won’t work if it doesn’t see the signal from them.

So I mounted them with the beams facing each other inside the box. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Inside works too! I need to put a keypad up on ours but it works great and the range of the remotes is great as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
              If you put in a gell cell battery the problem will be fixed. My battery on the opener at my old house is still going after 17 years. I put one in for a customer 21 years ago that is still going.
              A gel cell, Bob? What is that? Obviously not a regular marine deep cycle.

Comment

Are any of these for dual gate openers?
                Does the ghost brand come with keypad option?
                Anyone use Topens brand?

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                  Are any of these for dual gate openers?
                  Does the ghost brand come with keypad option?
                  Anyone use Topens brand?

I'm pretty sure most the major brands have both single and dual gate operators.

And yes, I have a wireless keypad with my Ghost Controls system. In fact, I have an extra keypad pole that's been powdercoated and painted for sale if anyone is interested.

Comment

I put a ghost controls opener on a privacy fence gate about a month ago. It works fine but I don’t like the slack it has once closed. Do they all have slack or did I mount something wrong? When the wind blows just right the gate moves open and closed about 4 inches. I thought about some kind of magnet that’s strong enough to hold it closed but won’t keep it from opening. Any ideas?

Comment

I have an old OSCO opener. I’m south of Houston and have had trouble finding someone to service it. I’m thinking I’m at the point of needing to replace it.
                      Any tbh’ers in this business that are down this way. League City is where I’m at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                        I put a ghost controls opener on a privacy fence gate about a month ago. It works fine but I don’t like the slack it has once closed. Do they all have slack or did I mount something wrong? When the wind blows just right the gate moves open and closed about 4 inches. I thought about some kind of magnet that’s strong enough to hold it closed but won’t keep it from opening. Any ideas?
                        Not sure. Mine doesn’t move…

Comment

Mine doesn’t move a bit….granted it weighs 265lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                            Mine doesn’t move a bit….granted it weighs 265lbs.

Mine weighs every bit of that and probably more. I honestly think I need to cut the brackets off and reposition them. The fence guy welded them on and I think that may be the problem. It moves enough that my little dog can squeeze out. It’s a push to open gate if that matters.

Comment

My 12' gate is opened with the Lift Master
                              its been on for a little over 2 years, knock on wood, still doing well

Comment

Mine weighs every bit of that and probably more. I honestly think I need to cut the brackets off and reposition them. The fence guy welded them on and I think that may be the problem. It moves enough that my little dog can squeeze out. It’s a push to open gate if that matters.
                                Man I would call Ghost Controls and seek their help. Their CS is top notch IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X