Automatic gate openers recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    I have a Ghost Controls and it’s awesome. Easy install and opens every time.
    x2

Comment

Apollo gate opener here and having first problem in 2 years. Code box at entrance not working. Exit box and remotes still work.

Comment

Thanks for the info on Applo. I was trying to remember the name but didn't realize they had been bought out.

I'll look at US Automatic and Ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
          I have a Ghost Controls and it’s awesome. Easy install and opens every time.
          Originally posted by Biggs View Post
          This. Zero problems so far.
          Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          I have the ghost controls and it’s been flawless since I got it 3 years ago.
          Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
          x2
          Another vote for Ghost Controls. I researched gate opener systems for quite awhile before deciding to go with them....been very pleased with mine so far. They have great customer support as well.

Comment

I looked at Ghost Controls and they are not priced all that high.

Turns out that my gate problem was a bad battery. It won't hold a charge. New battery and we are all good again.

Comment

I really like my Ghost Control. Easy to install and just works. Going on 3 years now.

Comment

We have an Apollo 1500 and it has been trouble free for 8 years now. Ours is on a solar panel and I finally had to replace the original battery last year.

Comment

tagged

Comment

US Automatic Patriot for me. I did the 110V with battery backup and it has been great going on 4 years. Use good quality geaseable hinges so your opener's job is easier. The only compliant I have is their manual for installation of the automatic exit sensor is less than great but I figured it out eventually.

Comment

DKS 6006 Swing Gate Operator offers convenience and reliability in a compact, aesthetic design. This operator mounts directly to your gate and pilaster, simplifying installation and not requiring concrete mounting pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        I looked at Ghost Controls and they are not priced all that high.

Turns out that my gate problem was a bad battery. It won't hold a charge. New battery and we are all good again.

That was my problem with my MM 350.? had issues opening and replaced battery and no issues since . Its going on 5-6 years on a fairly light 18' gate... gate is too big BUT wont replace until I have to. I did have some water issues early on as well BUT took apart and small bead of silicone at seam fixed that

Comment

Yes, it seems to get a lot of water in there. The entry port for the lines is open and allows water in. Poor design. I broke the seal and put a bead of grease around it because at the time that's all I had. Dern carpenter ants were getting in there, too, but the same grease on the lines going in stopped them from doing that.

Comment

US automatic patriot
                            Mine is 13 years old. Other than replacing a battery ever so often I’ve had zero issues

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                              US Automatic Patriot for me. I did the 110V with battery backup and it has been great going on 4 years. Use good quality geaseable hinges so your opener's job is easier. The only compliant I have is their manual for installation of the automatic exit sensor is less than great but I figured it out eventually.

The exit sensor was easy for me. The safety beams and correct programming is what I had to get on a tech support call for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you mount the safety beams on top of the control box it works easier.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X