No announcement yet.

New place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What half a million shiner fry look like....

They came in three bags so roughly 175K in each bag. For all I know there could be only 100K....I wasn't going to count them.[emoji12]

They look like the tiniest mosquito larvae.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow!! I'm Amazed, you truly have your own little slice of Heaven on earth. Honestly blessed Congrats man!

Comment

I"m pretty sure they shorted you...LOL....at least by my count, but I did graduate from Whitehouse too, I'm not sure any of us can count!

Great looking place, we have a lease in Coryell/Hamilton county which has a big lake that we share with the neighbors, they stocked some type of hybrid Northern and Florida strain and they will chomp.

Keep us posted on the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          What half a million shiner fry look like....

They came in three bags so roughly 175K in each bag. For all I know there could be only 100K....I wasn't going to count them.[emoji12]

They look like the tiniest mosquito larvae.

Are these for your other pond Steve? I was at Overton's tues picking up bluegills.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Are these for your other pond Steve? I was at Overton's tues picking up bluegills.
            I put some fry in my brood pond and I will throw some Florida bass in there to feast. I put the rest of the fry in the big lake to hopefully grow big enoigg to form another forage base.

Comment

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwUBFeM0gRk"]Stocking half a million golden shiner fry. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Steve did you get the shiners from Todd?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    Steve did you get the shiners from Todd?
                    No I got the shiner fry from Anderson Minnow Farm out of Arkansas. They shipped them overnight.

Comment

No I got the shiner fry from Anderson Minnow Farm out of Arkansas. They shipped them overnight.

What did they cost per pound?

Comment

What did they cost per pound?
                        With these shiner fry its a different deal with how they price them. They estimate there are are 250K shiner fry in each bag they send. Cost is $295 per 250K. That includes overnight shipping.

They arrived is good shape as far as I could tell. The fry were swimming around in the bag when I unpacked them and swam out into the pond and lake.

I have bought adult golden shiners from The Bait Barn in Bryan and they were $12/pound plus $80 delivery to Waco area.

Comment

With these shiner fry its a different deal with how they price them. They estimate there are are 250K shiner fry in each bag they send. Cost is $295 per 250K. That includes overnight shipping.

They arrived is good shape as far as I could tell. The fry were swimming around in the bag when I unpacked them and swam out into the pond and lake.

I have bought adult golden shiners from The Bait Barn in Bryan and they were $12/pound plus $80 delivery to Waco area.
                          I had them put me on the list for fry next time they are available. Thanks for the info
                          Last edited by BrandonA; 05-17-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I had them put me on the list for fry next time they are available. Thanks for the info
                            No problem. I got lucky and just happen to call them last tuesday and said they were pretty much done with shipping fry on thursday.

Comment

Rain does make corn!

Comment

And sunflowers too.

Comment

Working...
                                X