No announcement yet.

New place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twas a great sunset tonight from the porch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful Pic Steve! It doesn't get any better!

Comment

Love seeing people live out their dream!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          Killed a few this morning. Early flight was slower than normal but there are not many ducks around. Highlight was seeing my FIL knock some gw teal down.

That's what it's all about! Good job, and beautiful place you got there

Comment

Wow! Beautiful place Steve! I don’t think I’ve been back to this part of the site since you sold your last place. From food plots to fish habitat...you sir are winning!
            I’d be very interested in a weekend at your place if y’all do decide to start renting it out and to say the fish would be ridiculously safe in my presence is a yuuuge understatement [emoji28]

Comment

Thank you all for the good words!

I'll post up when we open up. Right now the fishing has been lackluster to say the least. We caught about 10 the other day.....mostly small with a 2 pounder the largest. All largemouth.

In March we will start Operation Threadfin. I will pump my duck pond full (1 acre) and fertilize. Then add 100 threadfin shad to spawn. By May/June we should have 40K-50K baby shad ready to dump into the big lake. Once in the big lake we should have a constant bait fish source in future years. If not I'll repeat the Operation Threadfin every year.

If we don't catch some smallmouth this spring I'm switching gears and adding in Camelot Bell Largemouth fingerlings in June.

Comment

Just saw this! Awesome job. I know you told me about it last time we talked but seeing all the pictures impresses the he77 out of me. Let me know when you rent it out. Charlie wants to move in!

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
                  Just saw this! Awesome job. I know you told me about it last time we talked but seeing all the pictures impresses the he77 out of me. Let me know when you rent it out. Charlie wants to move in!
                  Thanks Ted. Will do. Charlie cracks me up.

Comment

Finally through with the barndo! Hallelujah...what an ordeal that was.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210506_170952.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	24650323

Comment

Got some projects done...planted 2 acres of roundup ready corn and 2 acres of peredovik sunflowers.

Comment

Looking good

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a decent stand of native sunflowers coming up too.

Comment

Lake caught some water and is in good shape heading into summer.

Duck pond is pumped up and has 150 adult shad waiting to spawn and produce tens of thousands.

Florida bass are gonna be stocked in 3 weeks.

Comment

Thanks for the update! Place is looking Fabulous!

Comment

So nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X