Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH person who knows interstate moving options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH person who knows interstate moving options?

The plan is to ‘retire’, list and sell the house in Cali in Q1 and move to Montana- God willing the housing and stock markets don’t nosedive. I could very well be offered a high tech job there with very little looking- hence ‘retire’.

I’ve moved from A to B before and mover packed everything at A and unpacked it at B. Pretty straight forward.

I need to move 1/2 into temp storage to stage this house to sell, and I’m planning to rent initially when we get there- not sure where exactly or size or furnished/ unfurnished.

I’m certain this is not the first time somebody’s done this and I want to understand what the options are with an interstate mover vs. DIY.

With all the people bailing-out of the golden state for the great state of Texas- anybody in that industry who I can give a call?

Montana- Elk herd moving to alfalfa fields on my last day and walking 30 yards from my white pickup and I’m 3/4 mile above them in the pines waiting .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no help there, Bill. But I am excited for you, sir.

Comment

most major moving companies will come in and crate up what you want then put in their storage until you are ready. I take care of the service for an Atlas location and can get you a number if you would like to talk to someone to see exactly how it works

Comment

Yes, that would be great if you can connect me with somebody.

Comment

My wife asked over the weekend when the house is sold, and everything is in storage- where do we go? I suggested we buy a cab-over for the RAM and head to Texas and do a road trip meeting folks from TBH starting in West Texas, seeing friends I have met in San Angelo, Dallas, Austin and finish in Houston.

Maybe bring a bow and fire-stick and chase pigs.

By then, Montana should be warmer.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

All I can say after having stuff in storage for over a year is invest in climate control. We didn’t, but should have. Ended up throwing a bunch of stuff away that was ruined by humidity and pests. Even with mouse poison, we still had mice tear stuff up.

Comment

PM sent to you

Comment

I've done the cross country move a few times. Last time I had to have them store my stuff for a couple months until the new house was ready. This seemed to be a normal request, they did it for "free" for me because it was only a few months.

Call 3 major moving companies, let them know what you need and go with the best offer.

Beware of Pods if you expect climate control.

Comment

Sell most of your crap and get new stuff.

It amazes me to see what people pay someone to move from point to point....

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      Sell most of your crap and get new stuff.

It amazes me to see what people pay someone to move from point to point....
                      This or if you must store, make sure its climate controlled.

Comment

Montana doesn't warm up until 10 July, then there's three weeks of warm.......

Finally got tired of trying to save Calif from themselves, Montana is a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                          My wife asked over the weekend when the house is sold, and everything is in storage- where do we go? I suggested we buy a cab-over for the RAM and head to Texas and do a road trip meeting folks from TBH starting in West Texas, seeing friends I have met in San Angelo, Dallas, Austin and finish in Houston.

Come on Bill. This sounds like a heck of a plan

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post

Bill,

I like the way you think and plan.

Good luck sir. If you get to Houston let's plan a TBH Happy Hours

Comment

Rent pods. Load up,store. Once Rolling to new place, call pods have them deliver

Comment

Working...
                              X