Fishing during the snowpackalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing during the snowpackalypse

Back during the cold snap in Feb I was fortunate enough to wet a line a few of the days and let me tell you it was worth freezing my butt off. The trout were fired up and had the place to myself. It was definitely a pretty cool experience fishing the Texas hill country with snow all over and the river having sheets of ice on top. I finally got around to editing video, Hope y’all enjoy the footage!

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dahTRKydHMQ"]Post Frontal Conditions {SNOWPOCALYPSE} | Rainbow Trout Fishing - YouTube[/ame]

Cool deal. Those are some nice trout. Never thought about trying fishing a river when it was that cold. So far, I still have not found any trout in the Guadalupe, but that might be a good time to go after bass.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

I thought this was going to be another OH Ivie video. If you don't know what I'm talking about look up Miliken? fishing on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
          Cool deal. Those are some nice trout. Never thought about trying fishing a river when it was that cold. So far, I still have not found any trout in the Guadalupe, but that might be a good time to go after bass.
          Once you figure out where they are, it seems to be about the only thing you can catch. I usually try to make sure I’m on the water the coldest days of the year as those seem to be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            I thought this was going to be another OH Ivie video. If you don't know what I'm talking about look up Miliken? fishing on youtube.
            I’ve seen it, pretty crazy, I couldn’t even imagine having a day like that. I’m a bass guy as well, but to me, they don’t Compare to rainbows and browns in the hill country.

Comment

Wow! That’s awesome!

Comment

Working...
              X