Which Limb Driven Rest???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
    For limb driven rests like the Hamskea Trinity, should you release the tension on the pull cord when storing the bow? Seems like it’s under a fair bit of stress even at brace.
    I never have and I've had the same trinity on several bows for 4 years.. If the string stretches just pull it until the launcher stays down. You time the rest by moving the tie in point toward or away from the end of the limb. So as long as the launcher is down it will work. I've even started leaving the launcher up just a tiny bit so it doesn't slap when I shoot..

Comment

I've used Hamskea and currently use the QAD ultra rest. Pros & Cons to each. I like the QAD holds the arrow better but you have to manually engage the rest. The Hamskea never gave me any problems. Can't go wrong with either.

Comment

I currently have a Hamskea Hybrid Hunter micro tune. After shooting a QAD HDX before I really prefer the arrow containment of the QAD 100x over the Hamskea. Also, when I draw no matter how slow there seems to be noise from the arrow moving and rattling around. If I draw fast it is really bad. Not sure if it is enough to spook an animal but it is enough to annoy me every time I shoot.

So I've been seriously considering either getting a Vapor Trail or going back to QAD. The hamskea build quality and durability and fine tuning are excellent. I just have trouble with the arrow containment and noise. I did order a little rubber Vapor Trail secure arrow holder that should be here today to try out and hopefully that solves my issues.

Comment

Which Limb Driven Rest???

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
          I currently have a Hamskea Hybrid Hunter micro tune. After shooting a QAD HDX before I really prefer the arrow containment of the QAD 100x over the Hamskea. Also, when I draw no matter how slow there seems to be noise from the arrow moving and rattling around. If I draw fast it is really bad. Not sure if it is enough to spook an animal but it is enough to annoy me every time I shoot.

So I've been seriously considering either getting a Vapor Trail or going back to QAD. The hamskea build quality and durability and fine tuning are excellent. I just have trouble with the arrow containment and noise. I did order a little rubber Vapor Trail secure arrow holder that should be here today to try out and hopefully that solves my issues.

Stealth strips! I haven’t had good luck with VT’s secure arrow holder. It didn’t stick worth a darn, and then it seemed like the thing held so well that the arrow would bounce when the rest came up, making for some noise. I prefer their shelf pad.

The VT shelf pad isn’t bad but it’s gotta be cut to size, otherwise it wouldn’t fit.

Seriously though, stealth strips are the best rest felt I’ve seen. Plus it’s available in solid colors now.
          Last edited by Kirby86; 09-27-2022, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X