Which Limb Driven Rest???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the market for one and I tarted to look at Vapor Trail Gen 7 but I’m seeing a lot of hype about Hamskea rests. Are the Hamskeas that much better than the VT?

I have always like vt, been shooting them for 15 years.

They have great products and customer service. I have a gen 7x for sale
    I’m not using as well

Comment

I have a Hamskea.

I like it. Can’t say if a limb driven is better than a traditional drop away where it’s served into the string. But it works well

Comment

I went from a hamskea trinity to the ol faithful WB. I got tired of tinkering with rest timing. That's 2 bare shafts and a fletched from 25 yds. No moving parts to fail. This a hunting set up. Target bow is different story. It get the Hamskea

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pokem View Post
          I went from a hamskea trinity to the ol faithful WB. I got tired of tinkering with rest timing. That's 2 bare shafts and a fletched from 25 yds. No moving parts to fail. This a hunting set up. Target bow is different story. It get the Hamskea

C’mon man, that’s impossible. The WB is trash and you can never tune a bow to shoot with one. [emoji849]

Plenty of people on here will tell you that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m a VT fan. I don’t have any trouble with timing.

Comment

Hamskea for sure.

Hybrid hunter microtune is what I've had on my last 10-15 bows. I can't see the upgrade to a Trinity or epsilon.

I've got a spare target pro microtune that you can buy a hybrid hunter conversion kit for if you interested.

Also, not sure what timing issue can possibly be had with a hamskea. Pull the cord tight and it's set. Maybe your blade angle was out of whack if you were getting contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                C’mon man, that’s impossible. The WB is trash and you can never tune a bow to shoot with one. [emoji849]

Plenty of people on here will tell you that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                Been shooting and tuning for since I was 20 and I'm over 50 now. I shoot daily. You might not have enough patience or skill. If you think you do then try for yourself. I did. Pics speak for themselves. Have a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by pokem View Post
                  Been shooting and tuning for since I was 20 and I'm over 50 now. I shoot daily. You might not have enough patience or skill. If you think you do then try for yourself. I did. Pics speak for themselves. Have a good season.

You missed the dripping sarcasm. I shoot a WB too on a bow with a 5” brace height so it should really be unshootable. Ive robin hodded arrows at 30 yards with that setup.

And I’ve never had a failure due to moving parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Go with the VP you will be glad you did.

God Bless
                    Bish

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      You missed the dripping sarcasm. I shoot a WB too on a bow with a 5” brace height so it should really be unshootable. Ive robin hodded arrows at 30 yards with that setup.

And I’ve never had a failure due to moving parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      [emoji3526][emoji1303]

Comment

I'm switching to the Hamskea Epsilon. I currently run a Ripcord LOK and I've had a lot of issues with it.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and offers. I think I’m going to go with the Vapor Trail.

Comment

Someone besides Hamskea makes limb driven rests? I own 3. No rest timing to deal with, built like a tank. I’ve gone to all micro adjust rests and it is a real time saver.

Comment

For limb driven rests like the Hamskea Trinity, should you release the tension on the pull cord when storing the bow? Seems like it’s under a fair bit of stress even at brace.

Comment

Working...
                              X