East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    I feel your pain. I’m moving of of a lease that I’ve only had for 4 years. Looks like I lived there for 20 years. 5 feeders, 2 stands, 2 trailers,1 disc,1 mower,1 planter, 1 box blade and 2 tractors. Who in the hell needs 2 tractors at a deer lease? SMDH.
    Sir..........i can relate! All my stuff in the hill country will take at least 4 or 5 trips to get it all to Smith County!
    Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    I can't afford to get off i have to much **** there

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I am feeling that way also. Might have to just keep both places and slowly make the move to my own land.
    Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Well, I paid my dues for my East Texas place... never even went and filled feeders... Was a slow year for my buddies there though.. Some absolute monsters on camera, but just couldn't get 'em kilt... I'm still gonna try to feed a little and shoot me a hog or two in the next month or so... I promise I'll try to do better next year... My East Texas problem is that I have a place in SE Webb county too... I tripled up there this year...
    Definitely good deer in East Texas but those night time pics drive me crazy!!! Webb would be super hard to pass on........lol!!!
    Originally posted by Sippy View Post
    It was a good one. Our season ended Sunday, already ready for October.
    That is one serious whitetail sir!!! Was there a story done on it on TBH?

Comment

What you talking about hand? I roll into camp I’m packing about 20 lbs of boiled shrimp and a gallon of raw oysters.
      Im available for adoption.

Comment

Was at the lease this weekend and noted some of the bucks are already sprouting pretty good already.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
          Was at the lease this weekend and noted some of the bucks are already sprouting pretty good already.
          Sprouting antlers? Dang. Lotta them still have their rack from last year.

Comment

Mine still have em,got one buck thats missing one side now

Comment

This will be my first season on an east texas deer lease. Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                Stud buck I was after this past season was his last. Neighbor 1/4 mile down the road put in a new 50” fence with 1 strand of barbwire at the top. Was helping clear a tree off the fence yesterday and started talking deer. They don’t hunt so I asked if they had any large bucks come through and first response was “we killed a big one that was hung in the fence”. Sure enough after brief description I knew it was him. Today they sent me pics. Sucks he went the way he did and on top of that they disposed of the body over the fence head and all. I searched the neighbors after permission and couldn’t locate the remains. Going on 8yrs of history with this deer and man it makes me sick to see him go wasted. Brows that you dream of over 9”. Just an all around awesome Main frame 10pt.

On to the next one.

Those type of fence are killers man! I hunt a property with the same style, and it gets 2-3 a year [emoji3525]

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Sprouting antlers? Dang. Lotta them still have their rack from last year.
                  I have a couple with 3inch stubs.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    I have a couple with 3inch stubs.
                    That is what I saw.

For the record, not your deer

Comment

Planted Cow Peas Monday and now I’m looking for a good soaking rain. I hope I haven’t started a drought in ET.

Comment

Planted Cow Peas Monday and now I’m looking for a good soaking rain. I hope I haven’t started a drought in ET.

Didnt get any from Monday night/Tuesday morning? It was a really good one in Grapeland.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                          Didnt get any from Monday night/Tuesday morning? It was a really good one in Grapeland.

J
                          Yes your right. I saw it on the radar. It was training from West to East in between Grapeland and south of Crockett. It stayed north of me and I barely got a trace. My brother in law in Slockum just got a trace as well.

Comment

Yes your right. I saw it on the radar. It was training from West to East in between Grapeland and south of Crockett. It stayed north of me and I barely got a trace. My brother in law in Slockum just got a trace as well.
                            Dang, thought the line would have made it further south. Would have been perfect timing. Hopefully you get some on the next one coming beginning of next week.

How do the Cow Peas do with all the hogs in the area?

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                              Dang, thought the line would have made it further south. Would have been perfect timing. Hopefully you get some on the next one coming beginning of next week.

How do the Cow Peas do with all the hogs in the area?

J
                              Yep that’s the reason I planted Monday before the rain. I’m trying to keep the hogs baited away from that area for the time being. I am building a trap around the corn feeder that they are spending most of their time so I can get the numbers down soon. Got my fingers crossed.

Comment

I’m in. Looking forward to it as always.

Comment

Working...
                                X