Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone looked at battery prices lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    I’ve been quietly complaining about the costs of everything going up, but after a trip to get my annual stock of AA lithium batteries for trail cameras, I had to do a triple check and then ask for the manager…

A 4 pack of AA lithium as is now $15. Unreal!
    Need to get you some solar panels.

Comment

Have a boat with 3 or 4 batteries. It hurts when you have to replace them.

I had to buy lithium AA for our front door the other day, I about fell over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They recommend lithiums for the Tactacams and they do work better but I just can’t stomach paying that much. I’ve gone back to Alkalines. My son told me what he paid for a new battery for his truck and I thought he got ripped off. I guess I haven’t bought one for a vehicle in a while
        Last edited by jerp; 08-02-2022, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          I buy energizer max from home depot. You can get a 36 pack for $21.87 and they last a good while in my camera's.
          That used to be ~$12-15………..

Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            That used to be ~$12-15………..

Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!
            Yep I used to pay about $15 for them. I run them in my reveal camera and they do pretty well. Still the best deal in the Biden era lol....

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              Need to get you some solar panels.

I refuse to go green! [emoji16]

Some of the guys have solar panels on their covert cell cameras but the wires seem to be a magnet for raccoons. They have constant problems with them.

At these prices, we might be installing conduit and hard wiring them.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                They recommend lithiums for the Tactacams and they do work better but I just can’t stomach paying that much. I’ve gone back to Alkalines. My son told me what he paid for a new battery for his truck and I thought he got ripped off. I guess I haven’t bought one for a vehicle in a while

I ran economics and they absolutely pay for themselves when compared to regular batteries. It wasn’t uncommon for a set of batteries to yield 30-35 thousand photos.

Comment

I just did a search the other day for AA lithiums for the same reason. Cheapest I found was to buy online and pickup at Buy Buy Baby. Even got to use a 20% coupon. Felt manly.

Comment

I used to buy the Lithium but not at these prices. I do use solar panels on several of my game cams so that helps a bunch.

Comment

Can you imagine what it must cost to replace batteries in your Tesla?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                        I ran economics and they absolutely pay for themselves when compared to regular batteries. It wasn’t uncommon for a set of batteries to yield 30-35 thousand photos.
                        I get about 8-10 months out of the alkaline right now ~4-5K pics a month. I think a lot has to do with the camera though.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                          I buy energizer max from home depot. You can get a 36 pack for $21.87 and they last a good while in my camera's.

These. I can get almost 2 months on a Spartan with those without external source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to Amazon for small batteries. They sure work well. I think I get tons more out of them more than energizer or Duracell.

On a side note, I recycle batteries and the price on them has dropped over 50%. Did Biden give this market to China too? Last check was .15/lb. Someone is making a killing.

Comment

Ain’t no more lead mines in the good old USA thanks to Obama was the story I heard years ago. Just another way to nudge us out to the curb.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcoyote View Post
                                Can you imagine what it must cost to replace batteries in your Tesla?
                                It's gotten better. In California it went from 4K to 1K
                                There smart people out there.
                                100k miles do it again. Next 100k do it again. Interesting market...
                                Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 08-03-2022, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X