Bodies in the Beach Dunes….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bodies in the Beach Dunes….

Going kinda dark here…..but after seeing some sketchy stuff the last few trips
    To the beach I’ve been wondering how many bodies are put in the dunes. Im thinking pretty often over the years.

I recall a Texas Monthly article a few years back about the Houston Candy Man Don Coryell and all the victims that he buried at High Island. The HPD actually stopped digging after they broke the record and didn’t want the count too high.

Any stories or experiences with the subject?

think that was Elmer Wayne Henley and dean corll?

Comment

Yep that’s them.

I feel like there are more than that scattered up and down the coast over the years by many a culprit

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
        And the bodies were buried at a boat storage in High Island which is a salt dome and not on the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
          It was the most shocking crime of its day, 27 boys from the same part of town kidnapped, tortured, and killed by an affable neighbor named Dean Corll. Forty years later, it remains one of the least understood—or talked about—chapters in Houston's history.

Comment

Wow I have lived in Texas my whole life and never heard of this.

Comment

There are probably a lot of bodies buried in the dunes alone the Texas coast. Finding them would probably require digging up most of the islands and sifting the sand. I know when I lived on the coast, guys would bury their trucks or cars in the dunes. They were trying to go 4 wheeling and found the hard way the dunes ain't what they thought. The majority of those vehicles are still buried in the dunes. It would only take a week, or two after they got stuck for the vehicle to be completely buried or just having the roof visible.

I would imagine, if someone dumped a body in the dunes, it would not take long, before it would be gone. I guess cadaver dogs could probably find them, don't know. I would bet money there are quite a few bodies along North and South Padre, as remote as those islands are.

Comment

Just shows people are too lazy to dig in hard pan. :-).

Comment

If you don't feel like getting sandy looking for bodies in the dunes, go hit the seawall in Galveston. Grab some ice cream & walk the seawall & enjoy the sounds of the gulf. Take a seat and listen real hard..

You can hear the screams of the 8000 deceased that your sitting on top of.

Comment

The Candy Man killed his son with arsenic in pixie sticks for insurance money.

Comment

There are dead bodies everywhere. Most people don’t know over 500 bodies are found along US highways annually and almost all go unsolved. Truck drivers = serial killers.

Comment

Has there ever been a better serial killer name than Elmer Wayne Henley? It was his destiny…

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
                          Truck drivers = serial killers.
                          Wow

Comment

Nah bro, it's not truck drivers. So dumb

Comment

If you’re fat and live in rocky country you’re probably safe

Comment

Working...
                              X