• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prayers up for you sir

Comment

No words….I am sorry for your loss!

Comment

Prayers up for peace, comfort and understanding.

Comment

Prayers up for ya...
          No parent, should have to bury a child...

Comment

I feel your pain, i lost my oldest daughter and her unborn daughter November 2, 2009. It's not something that any parent should have to endure. There isn't any advice that will heal the anger, or loss overnight. But i will tell you what healed me. I bought a bible, it wasn't my first bible but the only one i ever purchased. I had tried to read and understand before but it never stuck. Being raised in the church it wasn't new to me, but this time was different. I finally turned the pain over to the Lord, and through his grace he took the pain away. There is occasional sadness on what could have been, but the good memories push that aside. In all these years i have only dreamed of Emily one time. It was when the Lord took my pain away, i had a dream. I don't remember any of the dream but i do remember waking with the biggest smile I'm sure that i ever had in my entire life. At that time i knew that my girls were ok, and so was i. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight.
            Last edited by huntandfishguy6; 03-30-2022, 05:58 PM. Reason: Wasn't finished

Comment

Find those things that give you some peace and focus on those. Anxiety, hopelessness and confusion are tools of the Devil, peace isn't. Prayers for peace and understanding.

Comment

We lost my stepmom about 5 weeks ago. My das has been really struggling as well.

Over the last 2 years we lost my father in law to cancer. My brother in law to cancer. And my wife’s grandma from her dads side and grandpa from her moms side. The amount of hurt was insane. The brother in law at 39 with 2 young young children hit hard. We were close. As was my stepmom. In the middle of all that I had a tumor cut out of my nuts and thank God it wasn’t cancer! Stress levels through the roof. I hide it. I put up a wall. I get angry at times. But I know that God has a reason for everything. Seems unfair. And you ask why. And why them? And why our family? Someday I can hopefully have that answer from Him. Until then I gotta have faith. Unshakeable faith. And it’s incredibly difficult. I pray every single day.

And I pray for you as well Glen. Same prayer for my dad. Nothing. Absolutely nothing me or anyone else can say will fix it. But I pray you celebrate her life and the time you had. And not just mourn her loss. Prayers for comfort. Guidance. And understanding. And healing.

Holler if you need anything. Or someone to talk to.

Comment

I'm not comparing my pain to yours but in the past 5 years or so I've lost my great grandma who raised me,two really good friends and my cousin. Sadness will hit me at the oddest times. I really don't even know why. The only way I've dealt with it is to not deal with it. I don't talk about it or think about it. That's always been my coping mechanism I suppose. In 2009 my best friend was paralyzed in a car accident. I was told he was going to die that day. I cried and then went to work. The day the woman who raised me passed away I cried. I was back working and huntin to keep my mind off of it as soon as I could. The same thing happened last July when my friend died. I cried all night, went to work the next day. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things. If your mind isn't busy it can go to those places. I've lost several friends and family members in my life. It's best not to think of them in a sorrowful way. Don't think about their death if you can help it, instead think of the life they lived. I think that's the way they'd want it to be.

I've had those times when I started feeling that way and I didn't want to do anything. But what I realized even after feeling upset and depressed was this. I looked around and those people I was missing weren't there. So why was I letting that keep me from going out and doing things I should be doing? Did it change anything? It did not.

I talked to my grandpa about it. He's been to war,seen and delt with loss all of his life. He told me things always get better with time. The main thing is to never forget about those people.

The day you forget about them is the day they truly die. Because now all we have is memories. That's it. That's all we have and all we're ever going to have. Love those who are closest to you and enjoy your time with them because as you know it can all end any minute. Live your life in a way that would make them and those who have passed proud.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 03-30-2022, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Praying for you. Lament over your sweet daughter. Cry and let it out, everything. Question God question our existence. Then reach out to a gentle sovereign God and your brothers here.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Don’t do it alone and don’t hold it in. Lost my little sister at the age of 20 in 2009 to a car accident. My father and I never spoke about it bc he tried to be tough and not show much emotion. He finally cracked a little over 2 years ago and took his own life. We didn’t have a clue about his situation until we got the note back that was in his front pocket. Just wish he would have showed a sign, but he was way too prideful. My advice is to discuss your situation with others and is crappy as it sounds, with others that have been through it. My father was a great man and mentor to many being in education for over 30 years. Miss them both a ton
                        Last edited by Mexdeer19; 03-30-2022, 09:09 PM. Reason: *

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

I don’t know your grief. But what came to my mind is Deuteronomy 33:25
                            “Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be.”

God will give you tough shoes for a tough road. And He will give you the strength you need daily for that day!! When your having a good day you don’t need a lot of strength, but on those tough days He will give you as much strength as you need to get through that day!
                            Prayers sent brother!

Comment

Prayers up for you sir

Comment

I missed the original thread. I am so very sorry for your loss. I wish I had more to say other then, Prayers Sent! You might check and see if there is a support group or something in your area. People that go through similar situations often can relate a heck of a lot better then someone who hasn't. Sincerest condolences, sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X