No announcement yet.

Grieving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glenn, we don't know each other, but we sure know each other's grief!! Brother, I hurt for you! Been there, done that... Still do from time to time... The old saying goes that "time heals all wounds..." I've posted this before but will say it again...
    There is no greater gift that God can give a man than a child. There is also no greater tragedy that can happen to a man than the loss of a child. It's not natural, nor is it the way God intended for things to go that moms and dads having to bury their kids. There is evil in this world and this is one of the worst manifestations of evil I can every know. BUT!!! IT is NOT of GOD! There is NO EVIL in GOD... We know from God's own Word that evil will overtake us and He will always be there to help us through it, sometimes in a very powerful and profound way, and sometimes not so obvious... It seems for you, since this horrible tragedy has occurred you have been pouring yourself into your family to "burn" off that bad feeling or bad juju and never really let go and allowed yourself to grieve... Brother, DO NOT hold it in!! LET IT OUT!! The analogy I have is that the loss of a child is a wound to your heart, a BIG gaping wound. From the moment of discovery when it happens, you are wounded for life. Right away there is hemorrhaging and you lose strength and fall into a state of weakness. That may go on for a bit, maybe for a long while even years... BUT sooner or later you get through that and the wound "scabs" over... That's the first sign of healing... You are changed for the rest of your life here on this earth, but rest assured, if you are in Christ Jesus, you will be made whole and brand new again and so will your daughter... She already is!! She just cut in line ahead of you and your wife!! You will be reunited and renewed 100% in that Great Day. In the meanwhile, your "healing" process continues... slowly you will get to the point you can talk about the incident, about your daughter, how much you loved her and still love her and maintain control... It doesn't always work, but as time marches on, you will continue to heal... One day you will examine your heart and see just a scar. It's a big scar and your heart is forever on this earth changed, but you are healed. The scars on your body reminds you that your past is real. I'd say you could look at any scar on your body and immediately know every detail of how you got that scar... but it is a scar! Healing is complete, and you are living in the new normal... different than before, but healed none the less... Brother I'd encourage you to look to that day and begin to do things to get you there. Reaching out as you have done in this post is a good step in that direction. My advice to you is just let it all out, and don't feel bad or embarrassed about it!! IF you did not feel any sadness or loss at such a tragic event, THAT would be something to be embarrassed about not the mourning and grieving of the loss of the most precious gift God has given you... At some point, you will slowly be able to rejoice in the time that you did have your daughter. But please, please don't dwell on the past. Look forward and look "UP"! God will give you rest. Ask Him to help you. Reach out to family, friends and just like you have on here today... When you can, talk about it as it will help the grieving process... For me personally at the loss of my only son, it was over 2 years before I could talk about it without just turning into a blubbering crying mess... My scarring has healed that over now. My beautiful wife still has her moments, but we are helping each other through it... Not a day goes by that I don't miss him, but I look forward to the day I see him again! He also knew Jesus when he lost his life. I KNOW where he is right this very minute and that is what sustains me. My wife have agreed that when we get to heaven and see him face to face again, we're gonna beat his butt for cutting in line, then we're gonna just love all over him again and for eternity as we worship God beside our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!!

Lord God in Heaven, we ask You to show our brother Glenn that You are near. Father, comfort him and show him how You can heal him and give him his joy back at the right time. Bring friends and family to him and help him to understand just how important it is to stick close by Your side Father. Comfort him, his wife and the rest of the family as they become accustomed to the "new" normal temporarily without their beloved daughter... Help them to see the wonderful reunion that awaits them when the Day comes for them to "Go Home" for eternal rest. We ask these things in the name of Jesus Your Son and our Savior, Amen!

God Bless You sir!!

Comment

So many words I wish I could find for your comfort sir. Prayers up for you and your family. Your daughter rests in the arms of our God and will reunite with you someday in heaven.

Comment

You never get over losing a loved one. The only thing that makes it easier is time. Not that it's easier to deal with but it's easier to accept. Your daughter hasn't been gone for very long at all. You'll always miss her of course, as you should. That will never change. But over time you'll accept that she's gone. There's nothing you can do or could have done to change things. And I think it's human nature to think in some way we could have changed the outcome of a situation or to find a reason behind it all.

I know this isn't probably what you want to hear but it was just her time. There's nothing you could have done or that you can do. There's no mystery behind it. God needed her in heaven. For what reason, only he knows that. As for worrying about your family that's also normal I think. You went through a traumatic experience. Keep yourself as busy as possible to keep your mind off of it. Worrying isn't good for you. Some things are out of your control in life. And unfortunately that is one of those things. All you can do is stay healthy and strong for your family and keep living life.

Comment

This is a nightmare come true and it's not something I can comment much on. Praying for comfort

I've heard the C.S. Lewis book, A Grief Observed, is very helpful.

God bless

Comment

Prayers for you sir

Comment

Prayers up for you. I highly recommend finding a reputable grief counselor!!!

Comment

Lost my 23 year old daughter September 2020. I will pray for you. I know exactly what you are going through. Hell I see my shrink today in about an hour. Hang in there take care of yourself. Folks say time heals and that's a crock. I don't think you ever truly heal from something like this. You learn to deal with it as best you can. Giving you grief to God and seeking his help everyday is what I try to do.

Comment

Vent here, there will be no judgment.

Comment

Lost my brother a few weeks ago. We did not talk for many years. We decided to meet about 3 rears ago. We talked almost every day. We really liked being brothers I miss my brother dearly. Some days are better than others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Saltwater said it pretty spot on. There should be support groups in your area where you can meet other families that face what you are going through. If not seek counseling. I lost my 3 yo son in an accident 34 years ago. My wife, now ex-wife, did the counseling more than I did and she to this day copes a lot better than I do. It is a void that will never be filled.
                      I pray for you to find the peace that we all seek.

Comment

Thank you all for the responses and PM's. You all have no idea what kind of impact you have had on my life in the last few months. Numerous members have sent private messages, text messages and offered places to go to get away and clear my head.
                        I agree that time does NOT heal, you learn to cope with it in a different way. This I learned from the loss of my father in 1999.
                        This on the other hand is 100% different. There in no comparison in the loss of a parent and a child. I wish this on NO One.

Thank you all. I am lucky in that I have a minimum of 2 hours a day of alone time in my drive to and from work and I spend a LOT of that talking to God. Asking questions, yelling, crying and trying to clear my head. I know that this is a scar that will never heal, I am just at a point in my grieving process that has completely overwhelmed me. Never have I felt so many emotions all at one time before. I do NOT like it at all. This is something that I CANNOT Control.

Comment

Bowanta: I lost my beautiful wife of almost 48 years to cancer 3 years ago. We were at Mayo clinic and for 100 days I watched her wilt away to nothing and then die. **** cancer. With my experience my hurt comes and goes. I had lunch just today with the gal that cuts my hair and we spoke about this very thing. Time does heal but the pain never goes away. Believe it or not my toughest times are during Mass. I take pictures of my wife out of my prayer book and sit them next to me on the pew as she went to daily mass so I continue to take her with me. The toughest times for me are at the cemetery where I go to visit with her and discuss important issues with her. I still cry. I cried real bad the other day and as I sit here I cannot tell you why.

Many good thoughts on here, Saltwaterslicks was a real good post. No-one can tell you why the pain or when the pain goes away. Myself I really don't see my pain leaving me even tho I have tried moving on. I have a very understanding gal that is helping me

You hang in there. Next Sunday's mass will be offered up for you and your family.

God Bless, Jon

Comment

Praying for you Sir.
                            I lost my son almost ten years ago, he was 30 yrs old. I had the prayers of many friends and members here on TBH. As Charlie said,
                            there’s a big wound to the heart that does get smaller over time but never closes.
                            I read a book written by Max Lucado “You Will get through this.” There are other books on grief as well. Get some counseling and lean on God for strength and comfort.

Comment

I have done my fair share of grieving.I have lost my father, a wife and grand parents. There is nothing easy about it. There is no right or wrong way to grieve. A few years back my grandfather died and my aunt asked me a few weeks later when it would not hurt so much. The reason she asked is because when I was 16 my dad killed himself. I am close to 62 now. I told her I wasn't sure but when it did I would let her know.It's something that you never get over but over time you learn to deal with. I lost my wife in an auto accident on my 40th birthday. I could care less about birthdays now. I always think back to the shortest verse in the Bible, Jesus wept. If he felt the need to cry why would I think that I could be stronger than Him and try and hold it in. Real men do cry. Don't be afraid or ashamed to let it out. It is to much to try and hold all of the emotions in. Don't be afraid or ashamed to seek counseling. I along with many others will be praying for you and you are not alone even when it seems like you are. It will take time. Some take longer than others to get through the process but remember the is no timeline for getting through it. Good luck and God bless.
                              Last edited by doright; 03-30-2022, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                                Lost my 23 year old daughter September 2020. I will pray for you. I know exactly what you are going through. Hell I see my shrink today in about an hour. Hang in there take care of yourself. Folks say time heals and that's a crock. I don't think you ever truly heal from something like this. You learn to deal with it as best you can. Giving you grief to God and seeking his help everyday is what I try to do.
                                Sorry for your loss sir. PM sent

Comment

Working...
                                X