No announcement yet.

Smoked Sausage Types-Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bearded butchers just got into the sausage makings business. They have several different seasonings and high heat cheeses. I just got some Cajun seasoning and high heat jalapeño jack to make sausage with.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
      Well guys I made 7 different flavors of sausage. 173 pounds total. This is the 4th year I’ve processed all my own meat and I’ve tweaked things every year but this year I feel like it’s dialed in. Everything I’ve sampled is crazy good. I made 37 pounds of the Meat Church and it’s really good, lots of flavor! I built my own smoke house 4 years ago and it definitely produced this weekend!
      Were you able to find hi temp cheese in store or did you have to.
      order it online?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
        Were you able to find hi temp cheese in store or did you have to.
        order it online?
        I bought it at a local meat supplier in Beaumont. I believe it was $24 for 5 pounds. Most meat suppliers or processing places have it. We usually buy pork butts, pork fat, and beef shoulder clods from the same place.

Comment

Look at you! Good lookin' sausage man. And I'm allowed to say that? . Got any pics of your smoker?

Comment

Black pepper red pepper fresh garlic mustard seed

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
              look at you! Good lookin' sausage man. And i'm allowed to say that? :d. Got any pics of your smoker?
              [ATTACH]1118796[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1118969[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1118970[/ATTACH]

Comment

sausage

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
                  Well guys I made 7 different flavors of sausage. 173 pounds total. This is the 4th year I’ve processed all my own meat and I’ve tweaked things every year but this year I feel like it’s dialed in. Everything I’ve sampled is crazy good. I made 37 pounds of the Meat Church and it’s really good, lots of flavor! I built my own smoke house 4 years ago and it definitely produced this weekend!
                  did you use venison on the meat church sausage and what was you pork to venison ratio?

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                    did you use venison on the meat church sausage and what was you pork to venison ratio?
                    My pork to venison is 60/40

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I use high temp pepper Jack cheese in some of my link. Still working on jalapeño cheddar. Most of my family don’t like it hot. I tell them that’s what the pepper Jack is for.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                        Yes I used venison. It was close to a 55/45 mix (some wild pork and some store bought pork butts) with 20% Pork fat.

I use high temp cheddar cheese and dehydrated jalapeños I buy from a local butcher shop. It’s .75 oz per 10 pounds on the dehydrated jalapeños. For fresh raw jalapeños its 1 pepper per pound.

Comment

German smoke

Comment

Do you have a picture of the inside of your smokehouse? I have a similar setup with a wood burning stove piped into the smokehouse. I also keep a propane fish cooker inside to help regulate a steady temp inside.. I still deal with hot spots/uneven temps in different areas throughout the smokehouse. I tried using a small fan to move the heat around, it helped a little. Its not a real big deal, I make it work.. just seeing what kind of setup others are using.

Comment

sausage

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I'm gonna try this one. Love meat church seasonings.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
                              I have all the stuff, gonna try to make a batch this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mbf View Post
                                Do you have a picture of the inside of your smokehouse? I have a similar setup with a wood burning stove piped into the smokehouse. I also keep a propane fish cooker inside to help regulate a steady temp inside.. I still deal with hot spots/uneven temps in different areas throughout the smokehouse. I tried using a small fan to move the heat around, it helped a little. Its not a real big deal, I make it work.. just seeing what kind of setup others are using.
                                Skip all the heat. Your smoking sausage not cooking it. I know it's not always possible but try to do your smoking in cold but not freezing weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X