Smoked Sausage Types-Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Sausage Types-Any Ideas?

I had a very successful deer season and have more venison and pork than I normally do for making sausage. I’ve already made my ground meat and pan sausage and will probably make Italian in a few weeks. I’ll be making my smoked link sausage this weekend and was seeing if anyone had anything new I could try to make. I’ll be making jalapeño/cheese, regular smoked, green onion/garlic, maple, and maple/jalapeño. Does anyone have any other ideas for smoked sausage?

I'm gonna try this one. Love meat church seasonings.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. That’s what I’m looking for.

That definitely looks flavorful with some spicy pop. I might try that. I found the Voodoo on Amazon, they are proud of that seasoning!

Comment

FYI-you may already know this but they have the Meat Church seasonings at Academy. I just picked some up. $9.99 for 14oz container

Comment

I like to look through Waltons website to look at their seasonings for ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
            FYI-you may already know this but they have the Meat Church seasonings at Academy. I just picked some up. $9.99 for 14oz container
            Bucees as well. Worth every penny imo

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              Bucees as well. Worth every penny imo
              I saw it at Tractor Supply as well but they didn’t have the Holy Voodoo. I bought 3 jars at Academy and will be making this recipe this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
                I saw it at Tractor Supply as well but they didn’t have the Holy Voodoo. I bought 3 jars at Academy and will be making this recipe this weekend.
                Looking forward to hearing your review

Comment

I watched that Meat church episode a couple days ago. Definitely going to try it soon. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

I do several types of link varieties including green onion and jalapeño cheese. I hunted with an older gentlemen many decades ago, he gave me a recipe for German cabbage link. I made several batches of green cabbage sausage links. Not bad at all, great flavor with my seasoning. I added jalapeño and cheese and homemade hot sauce. I don’t do maple sausage, pretty much standard but the cabbage was darn good and requested by men at the camp and at the house. Pm me if you need details.

Comment

We've been making chipotle/cheese hot links the last few years. Pretty dang good.

Comment

What fat ratio do y’all use? I have tried two batches with about 75/25, but they did not turn out real well. I am thinking I need to bump up the fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well guys I made 7 different flavors of sausage. 173 pounds total. This is the 4th year I’ve processed all my own meat and I’ve tweaked things every year but this year I feel like it’s dialed in. Everything I’ve sampled is crazy good. I made 37 pounds of the Meat Church and it’s really good, lots of flavor! I built my own smoke house 4 years ago and it definitely produced this weekend!

Comment

[ATTACH]1118776[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1118777[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1118778[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1118779[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1118780[/ATTACH]

Comment

Looking forward to hearing your review

All I’ll say Is Just Do It!

Comment