No announcement yet.

Would hate to be a resident of Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty amazed at the amount of people that are ok with the Government taking things away. This should scare you. Just because you think it makes it too easy shouldn't mean its ok for the Government to step in. If you think hunting with a a certain rifle makes it too easy, should the government come in and ban them?

Also no one is calling out the greasy bait and switch they did with the survey. From what I read they surveyed for cell cameras but used that data to ban ALL cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      I see it as a good move. Game cameras take the hunt out of hunting.
      Feeders, take much more of the hunt out of it then cameras though.

Comment

i have a feeder set up behind my house. I enjoy getting the pictures on my phone. I would be fairly unhappy if the state told me I couldn’t have a camera set up on land i own and pay taxes on.Click image for larger version

Name:	820A9541-D8F7-44DD-83A4-384877E263A1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	24692339

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
          Feeders, take much more of the hunt out of it then cameras though.
          Do feeders tell you what’s coming in and what time? Do feeders send you cell phone pictures?

But I agree with the ones saying banning cameras on private property is bs.

Comment

The government’s done such a great job making the best secessions for us over the years,why should anyone question it,,, said nobody with an IQ over 3 ever……

Comment

I see it as a good move. Game cameras take the hunt out of hunting.
              You can use that argument at literally any rung of the hunting "ladder". Seems most people's convictions/opinions stop when it reaches a method they use. That's my $.02 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                They (cameras) take the hunt out of hunting yet it is legal to use bait in Utah. That kind of takes the hunt out of hunting doesn't it?

All cameras do is take pictures.
                Baiting is illegal in Utah now, the good folks there got that passed along with the trail cam ban base on the actions of some well known outfitters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                  I did and the answer I got when googled it was an older answer. It is legal to bait except for hunting purposes.

Only legal to lure game animals away from crops and you must have a permission to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    You can use that argument at literally any rung of the hunting "ladder". Seems most people's convictions/opinions stop when it reaches a method they use. That's my $.02 anyway.
                    You are exactly right. I’m just opining where my line is drawn.

Comment

If I read correctly, according to the article, you can still use Plot Watch cameras as they are not triggered by motion or heat. Is this correct?

"A trail camera is defined as a device that is not held or manually operated by a person and is used to capture images, video, or location data of wildlife and uses heat or motion to trigger the device."
                      Last edited by TxBowHntr; 09-12-2022, 09:13 AM. Reason: Edited to add the article quote

Comment

You are exactly right. I’m just opining where my line is drawn.
                        Yeah, we all do.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                          If I read correctly, according to the article, you can still use Plot Watch cameras as they are not triggered by motion or heat. Is this correct?

"A trail camera is defined as a device that is not held or manually operated by a person and is used to capture images, video, or location data of wildlife and uses heat or motion to trigger the device."
                          It says non hand held cameras here so I think not legal unless it is for monitoring the crops.

R657-5-7. Prohibited Weapons.
                          (4) Use of specialized hunting technologies and equipment.

(a) A person may not use any night vision device to locate or attempt to locate a big game animal from 48 hours before any big game hunt in the area through 48 hours after any big game hunt ends in the area;

(b)(i) A person shall not place, maintain, or use any trail camera or non-handheld device capable of capturing image, video, location, time, or date data in the field to take, attempt to take, or aid in the take or attempted take of big game between July 31 and December 31;

(ii) Engage in the sale or purchase of trail camera or other non-handheld device media, including images, video, location, time or date data to take, aid in the take or attempted take of big game; or

(iii) Engage in the storage and sale or purchase of stored media, including images, video, location, time, or date data to take, aid in the take or attempted take of big game.

(c) The prohibition on the use of trail cameras does not apply to:

(i) private landowners monitoring or protecting their property from trespass;

(ii) monitoring active agricultural operations;

(iii) to aid in the take of bear and cougar depredating livestock; and

(iv) municipalities participating in the Urban Deer Program.

(d) trail cameras and other non-handheld devices described in Subsection 5-7(4)(b)(i) on private property cannot be used to take, attempt to take, or aid in the take or attempted take of big game between July 31 and December 31.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            I don’t guess I have a problem with cellular cams on public land. Regular cams on public, well honestly don’t care but private lands not leased to the gov. No way they should be able to do that
                            The state of Texas tells you that you can't kill a deer from February-August. How dare they overstep your right to kill the food you want to eat.

Comment

I don't understand everyone's gripe about the difference between public and private in this instance. The animals might venture from one to the other multiple times a day. Why should the private land be given the advantage.

Should private land have more generous seasons (how about all year long) vs public land hunting seasons?

If you wanted to argue about high fence private places like we have all over the place here in Texas, sure have at it, but low fence private is the same as public in my eyes with regards to regulations.

Comment

Why are we even arguing about another state? We live in Texas, sure some of y’all hunt it and that’s fine. Let’s move on already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X