East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jershua View Post
    Do you guys ever mess around with Mock Scrapes? If so, what are the thoughts of putting one near a hand-corn feeder pen where you could see the pen and the mock scrape?-

Not sure if a mock scrape would be a good idea or a bad idea next to a feeding area. Never done one before.

Thanks for the input!
    Been making mock scrapes for a couple years now. After reading the mock scrape thread on here(you should search for it, lots of info). Just make the scrape under a low limp or hang a vine. Pee in it! Yes pee in it, you do not need deer urine. Put a camera on it and you will be amazed at how many deer will check it out. Well it at least works great at our lease in North Newton county. Buddy thought I was crazy because of the old "Don't pee near your hunting area" which we were all taught. It works. Hope this helps!

Comment

Acorns everywhere at my place. Have a really impressive 8 that I will be focusing on this season. 7-8 yrs old based on history and an absolute stud. Couple other targets as well roaming that are very similar in size but younger.
      Attached Files

Comment

Stud 8. Good luck sir.

Comment

I have seen more shooter bucks this year than the last 5. Bucks are looking extremely good.

Comment

I haven't started running cameras yet but I am optimistic for this season. Dry years have been good to us historically, they come running for the corn when there isn't much else to eat!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              I haven't started running cameras yet but I am optimistic for this season. Dry years have been good to us historically, they come running for the corn when there isn't much else to eat!
              You better get your azz in gear

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                You better get your azz in gear

I normally start early, get frustrated in August because the bucks don't summer on me then late September they show up. Trying a different approach this year!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                  I normally start early, get frustrated in August because the bucks don't summer on me then late September they show up. Trying a different approach this year!
                  Tell Russ and Lonnie to let you put a couple cameras on their spots till the bucks start showing on the pipeline. They always got a couple good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by trhunter View Post
                    Tell Russ and Lonnie to let you put a couple cameras on their spots till the bucks start showing on the pipeline. They always got a couple good ones.
                    I will just wait for them to push them back across the creek to me.

Comment

Do y'all think he will get to 130"? My goal is an east Texas 130 and I just can't get him to 130.Click image for larger version

Name:	fce4e342-d986-4e4b-ace9-6adcdb0eedbd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	24688739Click image for larger version

Name:	694cfedd-4a46-4780-be67-809ae4e5e08a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	24688740

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Elfeyes - I have the BuckScore app and it is very accurate. I will do it w/ your deer and let you know. I think yes, that is a good 135+ deer. Go get him!

Comment

Good buck either way. Mature and healthy. I think that he makes it with the brow tines. Hope that he stays around and gives you an opportunity at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                            Good buck either way. Mature and healthy. I think that he makes it with the brow tines. Hope that he stays around and gives you an opportunity at him.
                            Come on Gumbo, I know you got a stud over there on your food plot. Post him so we can see.

Comment

I say yes

Comment

I'd shoot him if I were looking for 130+

Comment

Working...
                                X