2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
    I do agree though the stewards have been very inconsistent recently making the Race Director become a de facto steward and that’s got to be sorted before next year.
    Look up Brian Barnhart if you don't know who he is, guy was a total baffoon, Masi is starting to make some decisions that remind me of him. The race should be about the drivers and teams and not the race director, the director and stewards names should not even come up or be getting mentioned on the telecast, that should be behind the scenes stuff.
    Last edited by bossbowman; 12-12-2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Man! That was crazy.

Comment

Both Mercedes protest have been dismissed. For better or for worse, verstappen is the 2021 champion. Next year should be interesting, maybe HAAS will be the next dominant team?

Comment

I’ve got to give Lewis credit, he showed class in the post race interview.

Max 2021 season -most laps led, most wins = Champion- that smells about right to me.

Mercedes looked to have the better Machine for this and last few races
          (Lewis’s anyways).

Congrats to Max, looking forward to 2022 and them big wheel cars [emoji51].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching the nazi squirm that last lap was satisfying

Comment

So Michael Masi:
              1. takes away Hamilton's 11.4 second lead.
              2. removes all the obstacles, the other competitors. that Hamilton already negotiated to get his lead.
              3. force Hamilton to 1 lap, where he can't use his DRS on old tires.
              4. Allow Max free tire change, without time loss during safety flag. If you're just gonna arbitrarily decide.... one decision after another.... you could have given Hamilton a tire change....lol.....ijs. If you're just gonna keep shooting from the hip with your decisions he could have added laps......gee-zus!
              5. Ham is a class act as he congratulated Max and did not storm off the podium during the ceremony
              6. An asterisk will be part of his championship and he knows it. Next season he MUST repeat to have any credibility.
              7. Yes, max needs to buy a ton of Christmas [emoji319] presents as he got a "miracle" .......which was his only hope!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                So Michael Masi:
                2. removes all the obstacles, the other competitors. that Hamilton already negotiated to get his lead.
                4. Allow Max free tire change, without time loss during safety flag. If you're just gonna arbitrarily decide.... one decision after another.... you could have given Hamilton a tire change....lol.....ijs. If you're just gonna keep shooting from the hip with your decisions he could have added laps......gee-zus!
                5. Ham is a class act as he congratulated Max and did not storm off the podium during the ceremony
                6. An asterisk will be part of his championship and he knows it. Next season he MUST repeat to have any credibility.
                7. Yes, max needs to buy a ton of Christmas [emoji319] presents as he got a "miracle" .......which was his only hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  So Michael Masi:

All those events happened, but ijs….Mercedes strategy has been crap all season when the race deviates from their initial read. They are very prone to make the standard down the fairway strategy moves and it bites them frequently when teams like RB and McLaren are more willing to make big changes. A recent example Saudi where Schumacher nails the barrier and it has to be repaired….RB took the gamble there would be a red flag and it worked. Also, Mercedes bends the rules every chance they can get ie Bottas running way slow to allow a double stop under the safety car before the red flag. It’s all racing. If Lewis wasn’t behind on points I think he’d have been much more aggressive these last few races but he couldn’t afford that DNF risk. I would have loved to watch it though! My boy Gasly still doing solid.

I’m a little fuzzy on the rules for a safety car restart with lapped traffic in the way but my understanding is that they only have to allow the traffic that is inhibiting the “race” to pass. It’s a little above my pay grade. I agree though the stewards are massively inconsistent and Masi making too many calls. Oh and Lewis whines for the the rest of the grid combined [emoji8]

Comment

All those events happened, but ijs….Mercedes strategy has been crap all season when the race deviates from their initial read. They are very prone to make the standard down the fairway strategy moves and it bites them frequently when teams like RB and McLaren are more willing to make big changes. A recent example Saudi where Schumacher nails the barrier and it has to be repaired….RB took the gamble there would be a red flag and it worked. Also, Mercedes bends the rules every chance they can get ie Bottas running way slow to allow a double stop under the safety car before the red flag. It’s all racing. If Lewis wasn’t behind on points I think he’d have been much more aggressive these last few races but he couldn’t afford that DNF risk. I would have loved to watch it though! My boy Gasly still doing solid.

I’m a little fuzzy on the rules for a safety car restart with lapped traffic in the way but my understanding is that they only have to allow the traffic that is inhibiting the “race” to pass. It’s a little above my pay grade. I agree though the stewards are massively inconsistent and Masi making too many calls. Oh and Lewis whines for the the rest of the grid combined [emoji8]

Just quick thought Max storming off…I hated to see that but I also wasn’t surprised. I’m not sure if you have much experience with the Dutch but they are extremely direct people (even more so than my German clan) and I wasn’t supposed at all by it. He needs to learn to manage it for PR but he is 100% himself all the time….Nothing produced about him and oh does Lewis hate him….and it makes for a fun race between those two! Hahaha.

Comment

Wow, just wow.

Comment

Wow, just wow.
                        Yep, not even close thus his ability to rise above alot of this.
                        It was cool to see him being "knighted" yesterday in the Queens palace. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Comment

I'd like to see what Hamiliton could do in a backmarker car for one season, could he finish 2nd in the rain at Monaco in a crap Toleman, I have my doubts. This last race may be the most adversity he has had to face since reaching F1.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                            I'd like to see what Hamiliton could do in a backmarker car for one season, could he finish 2nd in the rain at Monaco in a crap Toleman, I have my doubts. This last race may be the most adversity he has had to face since reaching F1.
                            Nope

Comment

What?....[emoji848]...you guys obviously don't know he came from nothing. Also nothing carts as a kid. Also nothing cars as a teenager. Also Mercedes was far from dominant when he parted with McClaren. Oddly the pundits say exactly what yall said......but he crushed all of them. [emoji15] 2022 will be a new car for all F1 drivers. Just another chance for the [emoji238] to shut down the pundits. The statistics speak for themselves but I guess Tom Brady is only the goat because of the Brady rule.[emoji849]

Comment

Ham is good but he's no Senna. Even he admits as much.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YbKgW-gX7SI"]F1 Top Gear Lewis Hamilton Drives Ayrton Senna's MP4/4 F1 Car - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X