No announcement yet.

Savage Model 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My inherited 1927 takedown model 99 in 30-30 loves Remington factory 150 gr. Killed a bunch of s. tx whitetails over the decades and 3 generations of schweers on the trigger. You have an even better deal in the 300 savage cartridge. We keep our shots to 75 yards or less down in the brush country near Yancey.

Comment

Sweet gun

I have one in 250-3000 serial shows 1920 date manufacture has the flip up peep in the rear awesome gun.

Comment

My dad, brother, and I have the same gun passed down from my dads dad ( my Grandfather) we are all planning on shooting a deer with it then passing the tradition down to our kids. Literally out of the case we took out the bullseye it’s a great round and a awesome gun

Comment

All I will say is go give that family friend a BIG OLE HUG AND KISS! That is a great gun and will handle any thing you feed it ! CONGRATS ENJOY!

Comment

Originally posted by THE UNDERTAKER View Post
            I have one in 250-3000 serial shows 1920 date manufacture has the flip up peep in the rear awesome gun.
            Had a 1927 mod with a factory scope, one post, should have never sold it. I was able to pick up a box of original 87 gr ammo at first monday in Canton and felt like I was shooting the 250-3000 as designed 3000 fps. Mine shot just around 1 moa, would have been fine for a deer rifle.

Comment

Mine shoots the 180gr Federals better than Remingtons. They are definitely a fun gun to shoot.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X