• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0688.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	24491141
    Caught a ton on brush piles last weekend with a black head 1/16 oz jig and pumpkin chartreuse triple ripple . I kept 27 to put in the grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lake Houston, caught 22 keepers by 11. Could have had limit but was ready to get off water. Been up since 1pm yesterday and worked all night.

All got on jigs in 1-6 of water
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        [ATTACH]849315[/ATTACH]
        Caught a ton on brush piles last weekend with a black head 1/16 oz jig and pumpkin chartreuse triple ripple . I kept 27 to put in the grease.

Sure sound like one of Willy Landum's lures.

Comment

Great catches fellers!

Just got off the water a little bit ago my self. Lot slower today. And a good bit more wind. Still managed 15 keepers in the boat and 2 keeper sandies. Wind is horrendous when throwing a 1/16oz jig head. Makes it hard to feel the line too . Hushpuppy Man got several this outing. I don't think he's ever been into catching crappie like that. I just sat in the back and watched him have some fun most of the time.

Comment

I hope the bite is still going when I get back!! I'll be headed home on the 17th. Start a new job on the 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
              I hope the bite is still going when I get back!! I'll be headed home on the 17th. Start a new job on the 24th.
              Give me a call or PM me just before you get in. Let's find a window in the weather/wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Give me a call or PM me just before you get in. Let's find a window in the weather/wind.
                Will do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Broke half the bracket that holds the TM on off on a stump. Guess we're gonna fish tkmorrow till it falls in the lake then tie off to stumps!! Always gotta be something!!![emoji22]

Comment

Originally posted by Dang_ol View Post
                    Lake Houston, caught 22 keepers by 11. Could have had limit but was ready to get off water. Been up since 1pm yesterday and worked all night.

All got on jigs in 1-6 of water

Dang_ol strikes again!!! Man you gotta let me in on your secret

Comment

Good Luck to yall tomorrow Slew. Take a transom mount motor with ya as a spare. I take the head of mine and rotate it when I want to use it up front.

Comment

Still haven't figured out crappie on Waco. Hit a ton of stumps and brush, minnows and jigs. Nada. Caught a goo. Will try again next time.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Fished from 830 to 10, had 5 keepers, hard to fish with all the boats running up and down the bayou and wind getting up.

Comment

I agree on the wind factors. Having a tight line is hard to do with high winds unless you use a really heavy head. And that makes the jig fall to fast for me. Harder to control the boat too, with it sweeping back and forth while bouncing up and down. All that makes for uncontrollable presentation. I fish from a 16ft beer can boat. And even a light wind at 10mph makes it harder to fish.

I'm going to have to go check out Waco again sometime soon. Haven't been on that lake in several years.

Fish are bite-n. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Still shallow on granger!

I have been limiting out about every other day, tired of cleaning them...I have prob caught 400 plus all shallow @ granger lake.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice work Chief! I've got a similar hat. Except mines got a bunch of holes in it from wear .

Comment

Working...
                                X