Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me something dumb that beats this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    It seems that a lot of your schools should have spent less time on meaningless rules, and more time on reading comprehension…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      It seems that a lot of your schools should have spent less time on meaningless rules, and more time on reading comprehension…

Dale from the top rope!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        **** few veterans posting in this thread...
        I remember getting called into the 1SG’s office. The real thing about the military is to “be the same”. There’s lots of positive reasons for this.

However, the 1SG told me on more than one occasion to quit screwing with the LT.

He smiled and said, the squad leaders dictate the morning PT attire but you idiots looked ridiculous wearing shorts , t-shirts and black leather gloves without liners. But you’re troops did it because you said so and that’s a sign of leadership. However, the dang LT is now walking around with black dyed hands from those gloves. Oh, and quit walking around spaced out so he has to return salutes to all 24 of you individually with those dang stained hands.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          I got a call once from my kids school. It seems her dress was too short. I went to the school with the intent of delivering a spanking right on the spot. However, when I got there my daughter explained that the rule was your skirt must be longer than your fingertips with your arms extended by your side. Hers was by a good inch. The counselor explained to me that Katelyn’s legs were just longer than most. I told her Kate’s leg length were none of her business, her dress was within code and Paige went back to class. Dumb people with too much authority can be dangerous.

Wait is this story about Kate or Paige???

You been drinking???

Comment

Originally posted by BRust View Post
            My High school baseball coach told me, get a hair cut or your not playing. A week later on a road game told me to polish my cleats or your not playing. Needless to say we butted heads often BUT we did when two state championships under him

Should have spent less time on the diamond and more time in spelling class..... win*. That’s an easy one to spell there sport

Comment

Just conform and comply and everything will be alright!!
              It's just some simple rules about how you should look and behave. If you dont have the proper features, you will be reprimanded.

It's a good thing we have the government to take care of us, ain't it? None of the posts in this thread sound remotely Orwellian..... at all.
              Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 03-02-2021, 08:53 PM.

Comment

My 2 boys both have crazy looking hair. They wanted to have it blonde on top. My first thought was no.. But the more I thought about it why not. Soon they will be adults and will have to work and pay bills. I say a little fun aint gonna hurt. Maybe if I let them do it now they will grow out of it before high school or college. Only time will tell

Comment

I didn't have a chin hair until my 3rd sophomore year of college.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrakarl View Post
                    I didn't have a chin hair until my 3rd sophomore year of college.
                    Sounds like you had a lot more fun in school than I did

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      Wait is this story about Kate or Paige???

You been drinking???

It was Kate. Those two are so much alike, I get sideways sometimes. No, to the drinking![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
                        Yep.....You don’t have kids.
                        No but I was a kid once. Nobody cared how long my hair got and it wouldn't have mattered if they did then and it don't matter now.

I rarely miss work and rarely get a haircut and I don't shave my face. That doesn't define who you are as a person any more than a tattoo or a lip ring does. Anyone who thinks it does is wrong. Not letting your daughter dress like a whore is probably a pretty good idea. Unless you want grandkids. But that's not necessarily the schools job to see what your daughter is wearing. That's the parents problem. Other than that the facial hair thing is stupid.

What's the worst than can happen to a kid with a beard? He looks older than he really is? Oh no! As long as he's not bringing a gun to school and killing all of his classmates like kids like to do now days who cares? They need to be running them through a metal detector just in case little Johnny is getting bullied at school.
                        Last edited by okrattler; 03-02-2021, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BRust View Post
                          My High school baseball coach told me, get a hair cut or your not playing. A week later on a road game told me to polish my cleats or your not playing. Needless to say we butted heads often BUT we did when two state championships under him
                          Yup, hair today, shoes tomorrow. It was always going to be something. Some people get a little power and start acting crazy.

Comment

When I was in school a hundred years or so back the school didn't care how long my hair was but to play any sport it had to be short. At my job now there are a few stupid *** rules that I have to follow even if they make no sense. Either way it is my option to follow the rules and get what I want or I can stand against the rules and go on down the road. It's not conforming it's making the choice to play the game or to get what I want (a paycheck). Anyone on here who says they have never had to do anything they didn't agree with either lost your job or you're trying to talk tough. We all have to make those choices from time to time. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                              Should have spent less time on the diamond and more time in spelling class..... win*. That’s an easy one to spell there sport
                              Pretty easy to tell he’s using voice command. When ...win.

Relax Francis.
                              Last edited by Fishndude; 03-04-2021, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X