Fish kills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBears870 View Post
    That's not the same graph. It's updated two days later with temperatures that are nearly 10 degrees lower. Please calm down.

Read what I posted again real slow this time...

This event occurred over several days not less than 2 days...

Fish had time to move into deeper water and were not as likely to get trapped in 5 foot water where they ran in the events of the '80's...

Not saying there won't be a kill, but it is not likely to be anywhere close to what happened in the 80's.

Bait fish will be the first to show up, then tropicals, then trout...

And finally, follow what Leemo has to post. It will be as accurate as anything you'll find.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Leemo, Are barges still moving?
      Most are “moored”, but I did see a west bound tow at Old Gulf

Comment

4 million ducks sitting in the canal, never seen so many ducks in one place

Comment

Poc
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks LEEMO

Comment

Saw a video on Facebook of several snook washed up already. Snook really dont do well in the cold. It's a shame cause they had become plentiful in the LLM. They are may favorite fish to catch.

Comment

Heard Arkansas Bay water temp was observed close to 34 degree today!!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Poc

Wow Glen, that's something! Lot of ice on a BIG bay right there!!

Comment

I pray for all, including all the wildlife and fish. As a coasty I have seen two fish kills and how devastating it was to the fishing and industry. I am hopeful the extended cold (but not devastating) like some have stated above may lead to less an impact than the fast cooling and extended days below 32 we experience in the prior two fish kills. No doubt we will see fish kills, the hope is that it's not the worse case scenario.....
                    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Many sea turtles have also had to be rescued along the coast.

Comment

Buddy told me there was a few trout and some snapper floating in port A today

Comment

Drove over Karancua Bay today. Totally frozen. Really low tides so hopefully it pushed the fish into deeper water before this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                            I pray for all, including all the wildlife and fish. As a coasty I have seen two fish kills and how devastating it was to the fishing and industry. I am hopeful the extended cold (but not devastating) like some have stated above may lead to less an impact than the fast cooling and extended days below 32 we experience in the prior two fish kills. No doubt we will see fish kills, the hope is that it's not the worse case scenario.....

We haven’t seen any kills out here yet Gary . I’m down her on the water . Talked to a few tugs today and they haven’t seen any either .

Comment

I’m worried it’s gonna be ugly later this week. Hope I’m wrong....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X