Dryden, TX Whitetail Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dryden, TX Whitetail Hunting

How is the whitetail deer hunting around the Dryden, TX area? Never hunted out that way so was curious if anyone had some good experience in the past.

There is a bunch of deer out there.....the area looks like it would not have many deer on it but they are there....its a long way from no where....we would drive through Dryden on our way to Sanderson and had to be careful at night on the highway...

Comment

I hunt north of Pumpville and have for the last 8 years. The hunting is very good. Lots of whitetails, hogs, feral sheep, varmints and some mule deer in our area. There's more and more mule deer the closer you get to Dryden. There are some free range elk to the north of us, but I sure wish they'd make it a little farther south.

Comment

That area is sorta the "transition zone" for Whitetail & Mule Deer. I hunt due west of there about 25 miles and have seen zero Whitetail on our place.

Comment

There are huge bucks under every big tree..

Comment

Like people are saying, it just depends on the area. I’ve Hunted for 20yrs south of Dryden, and it seems if you have flat to rolling terrain there are whitetails. The step rough canyon country has mule deer. Good luck, it’ll be worth the trip just to enjoy the views, even if the hunting is slow.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              There are huge bucks under every big tree..
              That's not true. There are no big trees in west Texas!

Comment

Dryden area south of 90 has very few if any Whitetail. North on 349 towards Sheffield has a large population. What area are you asking about?

Comment

Originally posted by texsdr View Post
                  Dryden area south of 90 has very few if any Whitetail. North on 349 towards Sheffield has a large population. What area are you asking about?
                  North of 90. About 5 miles Northeast of Dryden.

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
                    North of 90. About 5 miles Northeast of Dryden.
                    That's close to Downey draw then. Should be a good area.

Comment

Working...
                    X