No announcement yet.

If you hit a deer with your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A deer with a broken back and hips that is suffering and isn’t going anywhere. Doubt anyone will be contacting you about putting it out of its misery. Most law enforcement do use discretion and common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
      I asked the game warden about that. He said sheriff couldn't shoot it. Hands tied by paperwork.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      I'm certain the deputies in my county would not be so encumbered.

The right thing to do is the right thing.

Comment

Good job.
        If some LEO comes after you for posting you dispatched a wounded deer, well screw em.

Comment

My wife hit a big buck on Hwy 71 just outside of Bastrop. She did not stop until she got to Buccee in Bastrop. Deer did a little over ten thousand dollars of damage to her car.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            I'm putting the poor animal out of his misery every time. In my mind the consequences don't out way doing whats morally right in my mind. Go ahead and write me a ticket for "dispatching suffering animal".
            The bigger worry is discharging a firearm in a city limit depending on where you are.... or way worse.

Not saying I wouldn't dispatch a suffering animal but a quieter method might be a better idea depending on your location at the time.

Also not saying I wouldn't salvage any usable meat... but I wouldn't tell anyone about either. lol

Comment

I do it all the time. I live in Wimberley and there are deer everywhere. I have hit 8 my wife 5 and my nieces 6 in the past 10 years. Just hit one last June.

Comment

We teach our kids constantly to the right thing, even when no one is looking. You did the right thing 100%. No animal needs to needlessly suffer.

Don't worry about the back seat drivers that will criticize you on this, or any other site.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                  I do it all the time. I live in Wimberley and there are deer everywhere. I have hit 8 my wife 5 and my nieces 6 in the past 10 years. Just hit one last June.
                  Done hunting...I’m just gonna follow your family around...eat free for years it sounds like...hahahaha!!!!

Comment

Middle of nowhere... put it out of its misery and get some meat

In the middle of the city... let someone else take care of it. Too many eyes on you.

Comment

Dog Food

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                        Might want to remove last sentence, first paragraph.
                        Got it. Thx.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                          wow...I hit & killed my first one just last year. Darted in front of me going 70 & must have slipped & hit the ground & rolled under the f150. I'm sure the bags would have gone off if I hit it dead center standing. Never even saw it, just felt a crunching sound and slowed the cruise for a second. Saw truck parts in the rear view & was perplexed till I stopped & saw the deer hair in hanging bumper. She was gone by the time I walked up.

Comment

I came up on a lady who had run over one a few years ago. called warden told him who I was and told him the deer was blocking traffic. he told me to shoot it.

Comment

Did the right thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

not everyone has a gun w them at all times, that could be part of it too. But I agree, they need to put out of misery

Comment

Working...
                                X