Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye Doves!!!

North Dallas area.

the rains on Tuesday and Wednesday pushed a lot of birds out, but we still had a decent number of doves left in the area....
    This rain that's moving in right now.... will screw up the dove opener for sure.... oh well!!! aren't we used to it by now?!!

Not just the doves Bud. You know what's coming as soon as deer season starts...........Have a good weekend!!

Comment

Hopefully those birds move in at my house. I dont have many as it stands now

Comment

Like clockwork. It won't rain for a month or two UNTIL the week of opener.

Comment

Keep the doves..send the rain

Comment

Would rather have the rain. We need the rain bad

Comment

Bring on the rain. I’ll give you a limit of dove for an inch of rain!

Comment

It can rain in October/Nov and December...Lightly. We only get a few shots at the gray darts. Pardon me if I saw screw the late August/early Sept rain..

Comment

Got to Llano on Wednesday, have been seeing pretty decent dove numbers here. Wonder if that rain pushed them down. I'm not gonna lie though, I wouldn't mind a little rain.

Comment

Those flying Javalina are fun to shoot but not worth a dang to eat. Keep them and send the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      It can rain in October/Nov and December...Lightly. We only get a few shots at the gray darts. Pardon me if I saw screw the late August/early Sept rain..
                      This is two years in a row that I am missing opening day, I will get a hunt or two in before season ends, yall be safe, hope you kill something besides brain cells

Comment

I was actually gonna get to hunt opening weekend for the first time in several years. Hadn't been seeing a lot of birds anyway, but was looking forward to the hunt. I haven;t been seeing great numbers, and the best place I had seen were over water. Probably wont be a very good hunt, but Ill be going anyway. Maybe Ill get surprised and some new birds will come in. Good luck to all of you .

Comment

Haven’t had measurable rain since early June at the house in Dripping Springs. Would gladly sacrifice y’all dove season for some rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Come on ya Nancys!! I’ll be there, cold beer in hand, either way.

Comment

Whoever did the rain Dance over Llano and Mason Counties, I'm not sure I should thank you or slap you!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X