Bow season warmup... Red ball-corner pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow season warmup... Red ball-corner pocket

After a long summer of the house remodeling (still in progress), wife honey-doos and the recent news of my brother's medical issues, I decided I needed to take advantage of the north winds and get into the pig woods for a quick decompress and a warmup before bow season. My local pigs did not disappoint although the cows did their best to try to wreck it. I had 35-40 cows around my blind as they thought I was going to feed them. My truck color and the rancher's are similar. I finally got them to leave at 6pm after 30 minutes of hangout time. Needless to say I am out of marbles from my sling shot... Had a visit from two coyotes and three turkeys as well. Coyotes were in and out too quick to shoot but I tried.

At 6:45 I looked at my watch thinking, my arse hurts, I'm sweating like crazy in my closed window blind and I probably have this whole place boogered up with all the cow swatting....Maybe I should have stayed home. At 6:51 I'm sending texts that an arrow is away. That flipped quick. Had about 25-30 pigs come in but the big boar I was after must have walked across my entry path because he stood behind me and growled the whole time. I heard him first but luckily his entourage decided they were hungry and came on in. He ran several of the big pigs out with his constant growling but Big Red was my #3 target and she drew the short straw. Made a solid shot and found her 70 yards away piled up. The Traverse and Grim Reaper MicroHybrids opened her up quick and she bled the whole way. This was animal number 4 with this same head....1 deer and 3 pigs. I dremeled a rock bent head tip back in shape and have resharpened to shave after each animal. It's back in the quiver for the next pig adventure. They have been really good to me the past few years. Love this bowhunting pigs..

Oh yeah...one more thing....whoever shared my videos this spring and put it somewhere that I got 40-60K views on 3 of my recent pig videos, do it again please...LOL!.. thank yall!

Video

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mah4NyzaqY"]DFW Area Pig Bowhunt 9-22-21 - YouTube[/ame]

Red ball corner pocket

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot 1 (9-23-2021 8-26 AM).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	25260241

Big sow

Name:	IMG_6529.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	348.6 KB
ID:	25260245

Name:	IMG_66528.jpg
Size:	358.0 KB
ID:	25260244

Corner pocket

Name:	IMG_6530.jpg
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	25260239

Red from tip to nock....Note the marble...

Name:	IMG_6525.jpg
Size:	443.0 KB
ID:	25260240
    Last edited by Smart; 09-23-2021, 09:42 AM.

Way to go Jason!

Comment

Well played, brother!

Comment

Awesome. Right in the pocket with no wobble at all. Great punch.

Comment

Smoked him

Comment

When I watch bow hunting videos I always put my mouse cursor where I think ideal impact would be, you nailed it bud! Great shooting

Comment

What brand boots are those?

Comment

Nice work !!

Comment

That arrow went right where I was looking. Great shot!

Comment

Nice shot!

Comment

Heck of a shot, thought for sure you were gonna get a twofer!

Comment

Nice shot. Most people hit pigs too high, not that one.

Comment

well done!

Comment

Jason perfect shot ! I gotta try those BHs. Looking forward to your videos for the upcoming season ������

Comment

Man, that red one stuck out like a sore thumb. Lol

Nice job, Jason. Once again perfect shot on another victim. That GR Micro Hybrid did her dirty!

That arrow flight was a thing of beauty.

Comment

Working...
                              X