No announcement yet.

Is Midway off their rocker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done a massive amount of business with midway over the years. Not anymore. Larry lost his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      I have done a massive amount of business with midway over the years. Not anymore. Larry lost his mind.
      I 100% agree with you.. I’ve spent more money than I care to admit with them but since this mess started their prices have gone completely insane. I totally understand people have to make a living but 95% of Larry’s stuff is stupid way higher than everyone else’s so I walked away from them. MidSouth and Grafs are my preferred stores now but I have a long list of places I’m now doing business with.

Try here often and you can find your ammo pretty quick for a lot less, they have the 150’s currently.

Product Information: Cartridge: 308 Winchester  Bullet Style: Super Shock Tip Bullet Weight: 165gr  Muzzle Velocity: 2840 Part Number: 80983 Quantity: 20 *Shipping on ammunition will be UPS Ground only
      Last edited by Kong; 09-13-2021, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
        I'm seeing shelves starting to be stocked but very high prices.

Makes sense to me. You go months and months with empty shelves and people paying ridiculous prices. The people running these companies logically conclude they're selling their product too cheap.

Now the shelves need to bulge beyond capacity for a year or so or these prices will be permanent. If they're not already.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

While some of this may be true the prices didn’t rise purely because they thought they could make more money. The massive demand created a shortage of all loading components and huge back orders causing manufacturing costs to go up. I do think they’ll come down some, definitely on certain products but I’m sure that we won’t see pre pandemic pricing for awhile if ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Midway have been bitten buy the Greedy bug. Their prices have steadily gotten higher and higher over the last year or so. They are now about the highest priced online store there is. I haven't bought anything from them in the last 6 months or more since they started to inflate the shipping costs.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Agreed, MW was my one stop shopping but not anymore.

Comment

Wow, some on this thread have no idea how supply and demand works, no wonder why the younger generation is clueless. And, if you think its high now, wait till October for hunting rounds.
              Midway has experienced huge price increases, raised their prices to make a profit, and are turning product like never before.
              On my end, I am glad that I bought a couple of boxes of 300 win mag at wally world every once in a while at $23/box and have 25 boxes and stored up hundreds of 22 250 for my wife's rifle.
              I don't see ammo going down while this commie party is in charge.

Comment

Prices will only come down when inventories are overfull come tax time. They will try to unload inventory at discounted prices to lower their tax liability. With the shortages across the board that will not likely happen for along long time.
                Republicans would have to control the Whitehouse and congress for 6 to 8 straight years for this to happen. We are screwed to the wall.

Comment

Current Raw materials & shipping increases are a big part of the problem...

Comment

I can understand an increase in price but $20 a box seems excessive unless they want to ship it for free.

Comment

That's a premium price!

Comment

I paid $25/box of the cheap Federal blue box this week at Atwoods. That is about 33% increase over .... hell I can't remember last time I got to buy at normal prices..

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                          While some of this may be true the prices didn’t rise purely because they thought they could make more money. The massive demand created a shortage of all loading components and huge back orders causing manufacturing costs to go up. I do think they’ll come down some, definitely on certain products but I’m sure that we won’t see pre pandemic pricing for awhile if ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          the whole idea of capitalism and mass production makes the price per unit go down.

evidently, capitalism is out and laisse faire is in.

Comment

You better stock up now if they have it, these prices will seem cheap next year.

Comment

Midway is no worse than any of the big online retailers and a lot less crazy than the fly by night online ammo sellers that have popped up. At this point you're paying for someone actually having it in stock.

Comment

they are trying that CTD model.

Comment

Working...
                                X