No announcement yet.

Jehovah's Witness question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad there’s a Baháʼí Faith , with so much doubt and worry!!!
    We must unite under one All powerful God no matter his name
    Attached Files
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-13-2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

OP to answer your original question in a little bit more depth. The JW's are not meaning that everyone will be in the same place for eternity. They believe in "faith through works". The person who started the religion took the bible out of context and ignored Jesus' teachings. The 144,000 in the Bible refers to the chosen people of God, the Jews.

To the best of my understanding the JW's teach that "works" are they way into the kingdom and during their time on earth are earning merit to basically compete their way into heaven. The 144,000 in the JW are believers who do "the most good" and will get to be with God in his kingdom. So they believe after we die we DIE and those 144,000 top tier believers will be resurrected.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
        Glad there’s a Baháʼí Faith , with so much doubt and worry!!!
        We must unite under one All powerful God no matter his name
        That is a topic for another thread... especially the "no matter his name" part.

Comment

Yea it’s true most main stream religions even some denominations in same town have varied beliefs.I’ve studied and studied and based on what I can tell JWs are by the book from Genesis to Revelation they have researched bibles and studied verbiage from the original writings.Just like the soul doctrine Genesis 2:7 it says man is a living soul not he has a living soul.Multiple times throughout the Bible it mention death as sleeping,I think Jesus and Paul mentioned that prior to resurrecting a person they referred to them sleeping in death.Over and over it mentions who will inhabit the earth Psalms 37:9,10 11,29-The righteousness will possess the earth and they will live forever on it.Matthew 5:5-Happy are the mild tempered for the will inherit the earth. Revelation 21:3,4 says that death and pain will be done away with that means here on earth there is no pain and tears in heaven.Ecclesiastes 1:4 tells us that the earth will last forever.The Bible also mentions a heavenly calling the Apostle Paul expressed his faith and hope in this but Revelation explains what those with the heavenly calling will do Revelation 5:9,10 says they will be kings and priest over the earth bought from all nations.I will not ever be presumptuous and say who that is or is not.As mentioned above a lot has to to with the heart just like the sinner put to death beside Jesus.Jesus gave him forgiveness and said he would be with him in paradise,not that he would be with him that day in paradise.Paul and Jesus said that there would be some resurrected in the blink of an eye it makes sense to me that those would be the kings and priest that rule with Christ,the others it mentions that they are asleep in death waiting a resurrection John:6:38-40.At John 11:24 Lazarus sister Mary expressed faith in the future resurrection.Acts 10:42,43 mentions God being a god over the dead awaiting resurrection Daniel 12,2 backs this up too.The Gospels and Paul’s writings along with the entire Bible speak of two different classes and resurrections it’s undeniable.Some have a heavenly calling some will inherit the earth.Gods originally purpose was a clean peaceful earth filled with clean peaceful people his purpose has not changed In doing research I have my opinion on who makes up the Kings and priests of heaven and who don’t but it’s not my place to dogmatically say.Personally I hope to be here on earth mainly I don’t think I qualify 1 Corinthians 11:29,but if I pass away and get resurrected any which way I’m sure I won’t complain.I’ve talked to many who have a specific belief or goal and faith I think there will be many who are resurrected and will be surprised at where they are but I’m sure they won’t complain either.No mater what the end result for an individual faith confidence baptism a good relationship with Jesus ant the Father are essential Rom10:13.But an answer to OPs question there is more to the story of all good folks go to heaven,but a lot of folks don’t dig much past the surface.A lot of misunderstandings come from mainstream christian traditions and what gran dad,dad and others believe.My dad told me to put in the time research and find scripture to back up everything I believe and for sure back up what I may tell others.

Comment

I believe everyone will get a resurrected body, but not everyone will enter in to heaven.
            Reference: Revelation chapt. 20:4-15. Everyone will be judged for their good works (the books) but anyone's name not found in (the book) of life will be thrown into the lake of fire. A person would need an eternal body to live eternally in heaven and likewise to be eternally tormented in hell.
            I think there will be some mean vile FORGIVEN people in heaven and some very good people, who rejected Jesus' gift of salvation, that will be in hell.
            Last edited by Pstraw; 08-13-2021, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              I have the same issue with said seriel killer/rapiat being saved and going to heaven butca good honest person going to hell because they might not belive the bible.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              I've never read the Bible all the way through. I've asked Jesus into my heart and from the best of my understanding that's the only way to get to heaven. But having said that, if I do a bunch of bad things God will know. I don't expect a one way ticket to heaven just because of that. God knows what's in a person's heart. If God is forgiving as the Bible says I don't doubt people of all kinds will be in heaven. But I don't think God is a pushover either. If it's not sincere I think there are people that go to church every Sunday that won't be in heaven.

Just my personal opinion on something man has worded and reworded throughout history.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                It comes from Revelation Chapters 7 & 14, more specifically 14:3-5 which indicates ONLY 144k on earth will be redeemed.

“and they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as firstfruits for God and the Lamb, and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are blameless.”

How do you create value in something? Make it rare, scarcity always makes things appreciate
                I guess they overlook Revelation 7:9-17 and the Great Multitude that no one could count...

Comment

To the OP, the JW's believe of you are not one of the 144,000, you will eternally sleep after death. The also do not believe in the Trinity. They believe Jesus was the archangel Michael and the Holy Spirit is an impersonal force (think electricity). They do not equate Jesus and the Holy Spirit as being separate and equal forms of God. They also do not believe Jesus was crucified on a cross, instead they believe he was hung on a death stake.

I am not hear to bash other religions, but to give the OP some basic information about JW's, some of which notes how different JW's are from traditional Christian faith.

Comment

Jehovah's Witness question?

I don’t know much about the JW faith, but I figured out in the 2nd grade, when this kid named Danny had to sit out of all our school Holiday parties, that I was glad to be a Baptist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are firm in their beliefs.I respect the hell out of them..I don't know exactly what's gonna happen after I die..That's one reason I give to those that need it,and refrain from killing those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                        I believe everyone will get a resurrected body, but not everyone will enter in to heaven.
                        Reference: Revelation chapt. 20:4-15. Everyone will be judged for their good works (the books) but anyone's name not found in (the book) of life will be thrown into the lake of fire. A person would need an eternal body to live eternally in heaven and likewise to be eternally tormented in hell.
                        I think there will be some mean vile FORGIVEN people in heaven and some very good people, who rejected Jesus' gift of salvation, that will be in hell.
                        That system needs to be retooled a bit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess going door to door via bike and handing out watchtowers magazines is a must on your resume when you apply for one of the 144,000 spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            I guess going door to door via bike and handing out watchtowers magazines is a must on your resume when you apply for one of the 144,000 spots.
                            Bingo

Comment

JW @ the door: Could we have a minute of your time??

Me: No

JW: Don't you want to have eternal life in heaven??

Me: Not if it's going to be with a bunch of JW.

I think it was George Carlin who had that bit...his skits on religions were the best.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
                                Yea it’s true most main stream religions even some denominations in same town have varied beliefs.I’ve studied and studied and based on what I can tell JWs are by the book from Genesis to Revelation they have researched bibles and studied verbiage from the original writings.Just like the soul doctrine Genesis 2:7 it says man is a living soul not he has a living soul.Multiple times throughout the Bible it mention death as sleeping,I think Jesus and Paul mentioned that prior to resurrecting a person they referred to them sleeping in death.Over and over it mentions who will inhabit the earth Psalms 37:9,10 11,29-The righteousness will possess the earth and they will live forever on it.Matthew 5:5-Happy are the mild tempered for the will inherit the earth. Revelation 21:3,4 says that death and pain will be done away with that means here on earth there is no pain and tears in heaven.Ecclesiastes 1:4 tells us that the earth will last forever.The Bible also mentions a heavenly calling the Apostle Paul expressed his faith and hope in this but Revelation explains what those with the heavenly calling will do Revelation 5:9,10 says they will be kings and priest over the earth bought from all nations.I will not ever be presumptuous and say who that is or is not.As mentioned above a lot has to to with the heart just like the sinner put to death beside Jesus.Jesus gave him forgiveness and said he would be with him in paradise,not that he would be with him that day in paradise.Paul and Jesus said that there would be some resurrected in the blink of an eye it makes sense to me that those would be the kings and priest that rule with Christ,the others it mentions that they are asleep in death waiting a resurrection John:6:38-40.At John 11:24 Lazarus sister Mary expressed faith in the future resurrection.Acts 10:42,43 mentions God being a god over the dead awaiting resurrection Daniel 12,2 backs this up too.The Gospels and Paul’s writings along with the entire Bible speak of two different classes and resurrections it’s undeniable.Some have a heavenly calling some will inherit the earth.Gods originally purpose was a clean peaceful earth filled with clean peaceful people his purpose has not changed In doing research I have my opinion on who makes up the Kings and priests of heaven and who don’t but it’s not my place to dogmatically say.Personally I hope to be here on earth mainly I don’t think I qualify 1 Corinthians 11:29,but if I pass away and get resurrected any which way I’m sure I won’t complain.I’ve talked to many who have a specific belief or goal and faith I think there will be many who are resurrected and will be surprised at where they are but I’m sure they won’t complain either.No mater what the end result for an individual faith confidence baptism a good relationship with Jesus ant the Father are essential Rom10:13.But an answer to OPs question there is more to the story of all good folks go to heaven,but a lot of folks don’t dig much past the surface.A lot of misunderstandings come from mainstream christian traditions and what gran dad,dad and others believe.My dad told me to put in the time research and find scripture to back up everything I believe and for sure back up what I may tell others.
                                It amazes me how much JW miss information is on here.I was married to one for 20 years and if there is any one group that lives by Bible teaching and standards it’s JWs.So many main stream churches can’t get the basics right like who to even pray to or use Gods name.They want to celebrate deeply pagan customs and holidays and try to sanction it by the church and try and push nationalism as some kind of Christian belief.I have friends from all kinds of religions and there great faithful people but most can’t give me scripture backing for their belief for they can only quote onerous 2.There will be multitudes resurrected from the dead but the 144,000 is a sealed number for a special purpose.Revelation speaks of a multitude of folks before the throne but it doesn’t say there actually in heaven. Passing out WatchTowere won’t get you salvation but actively preaching and teaching is a part of a true Christians life.I for the life of me can’t understand why there aren’t more churches that don’t promote this and actively and perpetually engage in the preaching work.A cult is a group that follows a man or false belief system JWs as a group study the Bible through and through every week and use it as a mirror and a magnifying glass on there beliefs and personality’s.Evey time I’ve ever been to there meetings I was surprised at the biblical basis for all there teaching and not just English wording but deep research on the Hebrew and Greek wording of the original writings.Do they have it all correct, no way but they do there best to apply and examine every scripture and rely on grace and mercy to fill in the gaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X