the best 9mm pistol ever made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imyomama View Post

i'd love to see a show of hands of people who own one of these and don't think it's the most special 9mm carry pistol they own.
    That's obviously a loaded question. For those in the know it's no doubt. I have a M13 but don't carry it. Too heavy. But if I knew I was gonna need it I would.

Comment

I can get behind the cz75 argument.

I would love to shoot the dan wesson dwx, and a laugo arms alien though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post

Saw on GB one of the first 500 signed aliens went for $10k

Comment

Glock 19, Sig 320 and Sig365 are iconic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post

I owned a TSO and that dude would flat shoot. Almost like cheating. Would love to try a DWX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              Browning Hi Power.
              I will have to agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                .... beretta 92 ? please ... didn't those slide break and pop you in the face ?
                Not the slides the lugs on the barrel.
                I learned how to shoot in the Corps.
                While I was in Security Forces we carried the 92FS. They pounded into us to check them for cracking EVERYTIME we cleaned them.
                First day we shot them we went through like 500 rds each. Why? To desensitize us is my guess. I had blisters on both thumbs.

I personally never had an issue with it. I just didn't like it. Why big hands. I wear a 2XL glove. It's what we were issued so it's what I carried..

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  I like the HK P7M8 more better!
                  You can't say you have the best until you've shot one of these. I keep mine in the safe and take it out from time to time. Best. Firearm. Ever. Don't forget the delayed blowback. From the weight and the delayed blowback, back on target is FAST.
                  Last edited by ken800; 08-09-2021, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                    So, I'm wondering why H&K doesn't manufacture the P7 anymore. From Gun Nuts Media:

The P7 was ridiculously expensive to manufacture and while the compact size of the pistol was excellent from a carry perspective it achieved those dimensions with a gas-powered operating system that heats the gun up like a soldering iron when you put more than a few magazines worth of ammo through the gun in a relatively short period. Despite the heat shield those things got quite hot. I say “those things” because he didn’t have a P7M13, he had four of them. He had to constantly rotate his pistols to keep up with the rest of us shooting something more pedestrian like my Beretta 92. When we shot on the reactive steel range, even with four pistols to rotate, he had to quit quite a bit before the rest of us because his pistols were simply too hot to hold anymore.
                    As much as I love the P7, they had some flaws and were entirely too expensive even in the pre-Glock world. Post Glock there’s absolutely no hope for them.
                    Maybe it's an M13 thing? I'll admit that my P7M8 gets pretty dang hot after a lot of rounds but it isn't noticeable until the round count gets up there. If you are using it as a range toy that might be an issue. As a point of reference, I shot my P7M8 my first time qualifying for CHL many years ago and did a one-on-one class with a former special forces and now peace officer. He made me go through 500 rounds in pretty short order and I was fine right up until the end.

The delayed blowback keeps hot gases longer and heats it up...
                    Last edited by ken800; 08-09-2021, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                      Maybe it's an M13 thing? I'll admit that my P7M8 gets pretty dang hot after a lot of rounds but it isn't noticeable until the round count gets up there. If you are using it as a range toy that might be an issue. As a point of reference, I shot my P7M8 my first time qualifying for CHL many years ago and did a one-on-one class with a former special forces and now peace officer. He made me go through 500 rounds in pretty short order and I was fine right up until the end.

The delayed blowback keeps hot gases longer and heats it up...
                      yup.. as much as i shoot mine it's never been an issue , you'd have to have many mags loaded and shoot a course or something .. not really what it's made for anyways ..

Comment

Hi Power

Comment

I thoroughly enjoy shooting my Beretta PX4 Storm.

Comment

Xdm 9 4.5

Comment

Sig P226......

Comment

Browning Hi Power

Comment

Working...
                                X