the best 9mm pistol ever made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilson Combat EDC-X9 for me.
    Many say that if John Moses Browning were alive today this would be his updated version of the 1911.

Comment

Hi Point nuhmsayn?

Comment

H&k,p7,m8,m13 no comparison!

Comment

And to be clear i mean by that from a design standpoint. I watched a video the other day from wilson combat claiming the 1911 is the best carry design , based on the grip safety and cocked and locked mechanism. I would argue for that point that the p7 is even a superior design over that. But i also know that until you own and shoot one, it doesn't really sink in. years ago a man showed me his gun collection and a p7 was his #1
          At the time , i looked at it , handled it for a second and gave it back to him , not really understanding what he was trying to tell me .. 10 years later ... i finally get it.

a side note not in the video, a p7 also has a lower bore axis than even a glock.
          also note that the barrel is fixed to the frame , making it extremely accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by riflebowpistol View Post
            the two top 9mms would be the cz-75 and the browning hi power. I personally would give a slight advantage to the cz.
            cz-75 ao1-ld

Comment

I haven't owned enough 9's to know what's the best one. However the best one I have owned to date is my Sig P320 M18. Actually I bought 2 of these and Dreamroper got the other one. Fits her uniform in the Texas State Guard. Mine shoots better than I am capable of. First 50 rounds of cheap white box 115 gr for breaking in at 7 yards. Have now put better than 500 through it with out a single burp. I am more accurate with my 1911's than this one maybe because the 1911 was what I was trained on back in 1966 but I like the 18 or 22 round firepower of the Sig. I also have the P226R in .357 Sig but it is not as fun to shoot although it is just as accurate. My only complaint might be the P320 could possibly a better trigger but then I am not used to striker triggers either.
              Attached Files

Comment

The EDC does not incorporate the grip safety...more of a 1911 cousin.

The staccato should be mentioned as well.

Comment

The IA Jerico is one fine pistol too

Comment

FORD Chev Dodge

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                      alright then , i'll dust off the belgian high power and do a video on it next time...

beretta 92 ? please ... didn't those slide break and pop you in the face ?
                      I don't know where you get your info from, this is from Pew-pew:

Reliability and Military Issues
                      This is absolutely one of the most reliable guns on the market. I carried one that was likely older than I was when I was in the service, and it functioned flawlessly.

The Beretta, in general, has proven to be one of the most reliable pistols out there, passing three separate military tests without a hitch.

My civilian model is just as reliable as the M9 I used in the USMC. It has a direct feed system that removes the requirement for a feeding ramp. The magazine feeds directly into the barrel, and this reduces a failure point.

The Beretta 92FS is one of my favorite pistols. The numerous models can be confusing, it’s still an excellent weapon.

Even to this day, I’d gladly take the M9 to war and back again.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                        Beretta 92FS A1
                        X2

Comment

STI DVC carry
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DVC-Carry-17_side-right-1-e1500392345297__13004.1528478915.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	24658069

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                            FORD Chev Dodge
                            i would say that about glock clones.. p80's and just about everything out there copying the original glock recipe ..

not that there's anything wrong with that ...

but show me any other gun that can cycle with the extractor removed.
                            show me another striker fired pistol that can be reset and fired again without 2 hands to rack the slide

for that matter show me an other striker fired pistol with a factory 2lb trigger..

i'm not saying there are not good pistols out there.. there are many .. and i own most of the ones y'all mentioned but the p7 is in a league of its own, it operates like no other pistol out there, and until you own one , you probably would not understand.. as seen in this thread.

i'd love to see a show of hands of people who own one of these and don't think it's the most special 9mm carry pistol they own.

and i have 1911's , 2011's , cz's , browning HP , glock , steyr .. and others and i like them all ... but the p7 is just different , beautiful and perfect ...

kinda like an sr71 was to a plane or a Duesenberg was to a 1920 automobile
                            there are others as or more capable in certain ways... but these are iconic.

that's what the p7 is "to me".

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              STI DVC carry
                              [ATTACH]1058296[/ATTACH]
                              ported and carry pistol should never be used in the same sentence.

just my opinion.

looking into it... those may actually be faux ports ..

kinda like a plastic hood scoop on a 6 cyl dodge charger ...
                              Last edited by imyomama; 08-09-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

So, I'm wondering why H&K doesn't manufacture the P7 anymore. From Gun Nuts Media:

The P7 was ridiculously expensive to manufacture and while the compact size of the pistol was excellent from a carry perspective it achieved those dimensions with a gas-powered operating system that heats the gun up like a soldering iron when you put more than a few magazines worth of ammo through the gun in a relatively short period. Despite the heat shield those things got quite hot. I say “those things” because he didn’t have a P7M13, he had four of them. He had to constantly rotate his pistols to keep up with the rest of us shooting something more pedestrian like my Beretta 92. When we shot on the reactive steel range, even with four pistols to rotate, he had to quit quite a bit before the rest of us because his pistols were simply too hot to hold anymore.
                                As much as I love the P7, they had some flaws and were entirely too expensive even in the pre-Glock world. Post Glock there’s absolutely no hope for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X