ISO ammo for .243

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO ammo for .243

Im tryin to find the best ammo to buy for my .243, something to use mainly for axis & whitetail. If the ammo is for a different caliber & you like it anyways lmk.

I've shot the Remington Core Lokt 100gr for many years. I bought some Hornady 87gr lite loads for my son to shoot. He's 2/2 on deer so far and groups well at 100yds.

Comment

I broke out my old Rem Mohawk 600 .243 last year and killed 2 deer and 5 hogs all with blue box Federal 100gr. Worked well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to use 85gr tipped Barnes. Never an issue

Comment

Go with 100gr bullets if your rifle will shoot them good.
          Some won't.

Comment

I handload 95 gr. Nosler BT's and have killed everything from coyotes , hogs , deer with them.
            Last edited by dawgkllr; 10-22-2019, 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Been shooting these for a few years now and my gun loves them. I shoot the same round in 140 gr out of my 7mag too.

Comment

I really like the 95 gr Federal Fusions out of my 243.

The Barnes TTSX 80 gr pack a wallop also.

Comment

Any bonded bullet loaded with a nosler, barnes, or makers projectile.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    I really like the 95 gr Federal Fusions out of my 243.

The Barnes TTSX 80 gr pack a wallop also.
                    Ditto on the Fusions.....

Comment

Another vote for the fusions. Switched my son from core lockt to the fusions. Great results.

Comment

Remington Superformance SST

Comment

My son’s Handi Rifle wouldn’t group well with anything in 100 grain ammo. We finally tried the 80 grain Barnes SSTX and they group tight at a hundred yards. He shot a doe at 160 yards last year that dropped straight down.

Comment

Add one more vote for Fusions.

Comment

Hornady 100 grain interlock American Whitetail are what my my son and daughter use. The shoot very accurate and do a good job killing. Also priced very reasonable.

When my son first got his rifle, we bought a box of the Remington Scirroco ammo. These bullets just punched a pencil sized hole and appeared to not expand very much. We had a couple deer that although they were found down, a finishing shot had to be used on double lung and shoulder shot deer that were allowed to die for minimum of 45 minutes. Those may be good for elk or something but not for whitetail.

Since changing to the Hornady ammo, no problems at all at ranges from 25 to 325 yards. Blood trails have also been pretty consistant with the Hornady ammo too.

Comment

Working...
                              X