Nueces River fishing trip #3 start tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nueces River fishing trip #3 start tomorrow

River was way up. It came down but should be flowing good. Fishing Tues-Monday.

If anyone has interest in a multi-day catfishing trip just shoot me a PM. We will be hosting people. Plenty of room in the house. The thought is some would like a more relaxing trip versus a 8-10 hour boat trip. Also feel free to voice opinions on this type of trip.

Links to the first two trip this year.

How much would the trip cost?

Comment

Originally posted by brnhtown View Post
      How much would the trip cost?
      Well right now I'm looking for suggestions LOL. Not really "selling" anything. Have to see if anyone would be interested in a catfishing trip. Would go in the boat morning, maybe noonish, and then in the late evenings. The rest of the time would be relaxing or fishing off the dock (which is an old pontoon boat). Thinking a 24 hour trip would be around the same as a 8-10 hour regular fishing trip on a boat.

If we meet a few people we plan to think about renting out the house also in the future. Have not looked much into this yet though.

Comment

Would be interested in renting cabin details? Price? How many people will it hold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Riverrat has a nice place on the river and really knows what he is doing
          I was out on the river (a few miles north of his place) the past weekend, (due to the beach to Bay relay in Corpus) river is back down to normal, and the fish where biting good.
          There where several bowfishing guides out during the day. Lots of gar seen rolling. Biggest issue was the gar stealing the perch off the hooks.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man, another live fishin' thread!! Woo Hoo... Just makes it worse for me waitin' til this weekend for my blast-off!! Good luck Tim, hope y'all catch a biggun!!

Comment

This is Tim's wife - Tim can't get service but he called and said they had a gar over 150lb, one flathead and 2 blues over 20lbs and they are still fishing hard tonight. He will update with lots of pictures Monday evening.

Comment

Awesome!
                Can't wait for some pictures

Comment

That's something I'd be interested in if I can make it coincide with my annual hog hunting trip.

Comment

Jason and I got there on Tuesday. We managed to get some lines out with cut buffalo and fresh cut shad. Water was flowing good and looked perfect. We didn't try too hard as we were just trying to get lines out and get ready for the 2 guys coming in Wednesday to fish.
                    In the morning we had on a few catfish (nothing big just all eater size that we threw back) and one HUGE gar. It was 6'3" long with a 29" girth. I was wild guessing 160-180 pounds.

We rebaited the lines hoping when the 2 guys showed up and we did the evening run they would have a few fish on the lines.. I never expect much during the day but they had 12-15 good size catfish on that afternoon..All 2-5 pounders. They started the trip wanting to keep every fish...But that soon changed and they started throwing fish back on day 2 of their 3 day trip

Thursday morning they had on this super nice blue cat. They released this one.

Plus a mess of smaller fish. They also had this good size gar on one line.

So Thursday afternoon they said they really wanted to catch a flathead. They were willing to work for it so we went and threw nets for 3-4 hours trying to get better bait. We managed a few perch and some larger shad to cut up.

Comment

Friday morning they had a few fish on.

And they threw A LOT back!

This was the first 4 days of the trip. I don't have pictures of the last 3 days yet. I'll update once my daughter sends me the pictures.

Comment

Looks like an awesome trip!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

A couple the guys sent to me.

Comment

After the first two guys left the water stopped flowing and the fishing turned off...Well off compared to how good it was. The next evening we fished hard but only managed 10-12 blues between 1 and 3 pounds.

That was Friday night. Saturday night was slow again. My daughter and nephew really wanted to catch a big fish so after giving them a speech like old men are supposed to give young ones LOL we went and spent a few hours moving lines about 5 miles down river from the cabin closer to the lake.

It was dead slow where we had lines the nights before but there was one spot where we had lines the furthest down river that paid off.

Wasn't huge but I was glad we caught it. We also had 3 jugs with double hook ups with blues ranging from 3-8 pounds. All of these were released.

It will probably be next March before we head back. Oct-Jan can be good fishing but we're usually too busy to go then.

Comment

Working...
                              X