• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
    Some more cuteness.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    She is adorable. I'm sure she isn't spoiled [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Limits of reds and a few flounder this morning before they shut it down.

Comment

Matty was good to us this morning. Dodged some rain, few boats limited on reds (our boat had a 4 man limit and kept throwing back after), and had some bonus trout thrown in. 4 boats total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice^^^

He guys I’m planning a cast and plays in seadrift late November.

I plan on getting there early with my boat any places you recommend in the seadrift area to try and catch a few? I’ve only fished there once or twice.

Comment

No help on where to go, but I live down the road... just saying

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
              Matty was good to us this morning. Dodged some rain, few boats limited on reds (our boat had a 4 man limit and kept throwing back after), and had some bonus trout thrown in. 4 boats total

That's a meat haul

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                That's a meat haul

I cringe when I think about cleaning all those.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  I cringe when I think about cleaning all those.
                  I see those 2 or 3 tagged mud donkeys and think....bring on the ketchup

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I see those 2 or 3 tagged mud donkeys and think....bring on the ketchup

Bring on the ketchup, more like bring on the knife sharpener. Hahaha

Comment

Any reports on the surf fishing on Matagorda beach? Have never stayed there. Always gone to PINS and we decided to do a last minute trip this weekend and was thinking of trying Matagorda surf.

Comment

We had a great time this week with Mexico and family at Matagorda. My wife and mother in law will out wade fish most men I know, no fear in these ladies, very proud of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                          We had a great time this week with Mexico and family at Matagorda. My wife and mother in law will out wade fish most men I know, no fear in these ladies, very proud of them!

Good times! Those first 2 days were Epic! The last couple were a little breezy [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff! October has been pretty solid all things considered.

Comment

Hit Matagorda surf for the first time on Saturday and Sunday. Took my 80 year old FIL, son and his girlfriend. I knew the predictions were for flat surf but it was still amazing to see.

Drove all the way to the north end of island. Caught some mullet in some of the tidal pools on backside. Set up and my son caught a 37.5” red within the first 30 minutes. His PB red.

We caught a few other bull reds, a small shark, some gaff tops, flounder and a stingray. Cut the stingray in half and yakked it out on a long rod. Couple hours later had a pickup and a good run. Thought we finally got a shark on our long rod for the first time ever. It went on a hard run for about 30 seconds and it was gone. Just didn’t get the hook to set. Put the other half of ray on and left on till midnight but no luck. Son and I did end the day with a double up on a 34 and 33” red.

Had a beautiful sunset and then beers around the fire for the perfect cap to the day.

Sunday morning my FIL finally hooked up with something and pulled in a shark. He was happy as a little kid.

Great weekend for our first time to Matagorda and amazing weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                                Hit Matagorda surf for the first time on Saturday and Sunday. Took my 80 year old FIL, son and his girlfriend. I knew the predictions were for flat surf but it was still amazing to see.

Drove all the way to the north end of island. Caught some mullet in some of the tidal pools on backside. Set up and my son caught a 37.5” red within the first 30 minutes. His PB red.

We caught a few other bull reds, a small shark, some gaff tops, flounder and a stingray. Cut the stingray in half and yakked it out on a long rod. Couple hours later had a pickup and a good run. Thought we finally got a shark on our long rod for the first time ever. It went on a hard run for about 30 seconds and it was gone. Just didn’t get the hook to set. Put the other half of ray on and left on till midnight but no luck. Son and I did end the day with a double up on a 34 and 33” red.

Had a beautiful sunset and then beers around the fire for the perfect cap to the day.

Sunday morning my FIL finally hooked up with something and pulled in a shark. He was happy as a little kid.

Great weekend for our first time to Matagorda and amazing weather.

Was an excellent time. Well worth the drive from San Angelo. I’m ready to go again next weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X