Lay off the cottonseed. Lol.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
      Lease mate having fun. JMO!
      As stated before:

1. I lock my camera
      2. It would make sense if it were a GIANT buck, or Bigfoot, or a leopard....not a buck missing antlers.

Comment

in

Comment

went back to the lease this weekend. Got more pics of the buck with no horns for the DB's that claimed it was photoshopped. They are starting to grow but extremely late. Included a pic of him with a cull 8 point to show the difference.

Dates and times are correct but pictures aren't in order
          Attached Files

Comment

more pics....
            Attached Files

Comment

and a few more.....
              Attached Files

Comment

Strange

Comment

weird...have you noticed the nubs growing? maybe he shed late due to the freeze or something and is just now getting started..?

Comment

That is wild

Comment

Some friends of mine (150class) hunted a place outside of Freer that every wet summer they would have 1 or 2 bucks not grow horns due to some plant they would eat in the summer. Luckily they were able to notice/pick up on it, as the 1 buck that had it happened to was one of the bigger deer from the year before, they shot him the next year and he went 188"

Comment

I had a one year old that lost velvet as a 4 pointer then lost both horns within the week after. Horns looks formed correctly but after velvet loss looked a bit darker then usual. Maybe he got some type of infection in them at the end. He has a twin who ended up a 6 point but he's kept his horns so far. I have haven't noticed if he's growing anything back yet.

That's so weird that one is growing out. Same deer with the split left ear. Maybe a hormone issue.

Comment

Are you feeding them soy protein?

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                            Are you feeding them soy protein?

No…I’ve never even heard of that. This is my 20th year on the place and first I’ve seen this. Just thought it was interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had 2 mature bucks walk out 200 yards apart Wearing bumps for headgear and still they recognized each other as adversaries and brizzled up in Mex. I shot them both For the Cowboys family. Long time ago before I had lease mates or cameras and decisions were made on the spot. The ranch owner supported the decision. Don’t know what caused it but what are the odds 2 walk out the same day same sendero.

Comment

Working...
                              X