No announcement yet.

Saturday evening…….have you ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You lost me at “pork spleens” I was in, till I saw that.

Comment

I thought this was a weird question until I saw all the "no" replies. We ate a ton of that stuff growing up including potted meat, spam, etc. Still eat Vienna from time to time.

Comment

I'll occasionally eat Vienna sausages but never have tried that brand. I hate regular potted meat or Spam. That crap is nasty. Reminds me too much of canned cat food or somethin. Heck no.

Vienna sausages,sardines,canned smoked oysters any day of the week. I'd have to be in a bad way before I opened a can of Spam or potted meat. There's starving people in Africa that'd use that for bait to catch something good to eat.
        Last edited by okrattler; 10-24-2021, 12:07 AM.

Comment

No sir. I would rather eat Va J J flavored Spam than that.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
            I thought this was a weird question until I saw all the "no" replies. We ate a ton of that stuff growing up including potted meat, spam, etc. Still eat Vienna from time to time.

We ate the Vi-Ennys all the time here too. They were a great hunting and fishing quick snacks from my Grandaddy Smart in the 70s and early 80s. Haven’t had them in a long, long time but would still eat them. We ate Spam as well occasionally. Mostly sliced as a cold or as a fried sandwich. Same on the time length since I’ve had them. Never experienced potted meat until a friend of mine in high school’s mom sent it with us on a fishing trip with his dad. I ate it but haven’t had it since. I couldn’t get the thought of cheap cat food or dog food out of my mind[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I’ve had plenty of both in my youth. Potted meat sandwiches were sent in my lunch as a kid. I got a paper route when I was 11 and started buying my own lunches at school. Haven’t tried potted meat since. The little sausages I had a time or two since but not in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                We ate the Vi-Ennys all the time here too. They were a great hunting and fishing quick snacks from my Grandaddy Smart in the 70s and early 80s. Haven’t had them in a long, long time but would still eat them. We ate Spam as well occasionally. Mostly sliced as a cold or as a fried sandwich. Same on the time length since I’ve had them. Never experienced potted meat until a friend of mine in high school’s mom sent it with us on a fishing trip with his dad. I ate it but haven’t had it since. I couldn’t get the thought of cheap cat food or dog food out of my mind[emoji23][emoji23]
                Spam right out of the can? Not no but helllll no. Brown it in a skillet and get a good scald on it, gourmet eating right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  Spam right out of the can? Not no but helllll no. Brown it in a skillet and get a good scald on it, gourmet eating right there.

Hell you eat gumbo… which used to be peasant food before eating Cajun food became a craze![emoji23][emoji23].

Yes. Wash it, thinly slice it, and with a big spread of regular mayo, cheese and white bread. I also preferred it fried or baked but we ate it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Hell you eat gumbo… which used to be peasant food before eating Cajun food became a craze![emoji23][emoji23].

Yes. Wash it, thinly slice it, and with a big spread of regular mayo, cheese and white bread. I also preferred it fried or baked but we ate it both ways.
                    Tru Dat! But we don’t put the lips,ears and butt holes in the pot. LOL

Comment

For sure ate spam, Vienna sausages and canned fish (tuna and salmon). I’ve cut most of that out besides the fish because they are horrible for you. Only canned meat I eat now is mackerel and sardines in water since it’s supposed to be good for your heart - and it grew on me.

Comment

You need one of these to wash those Vini's dow.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                          No sir. I would rather eat Va J J flavored Spam than that.
                          Hell yeah! Where can I get that flavor? That sounds way better than the original.

Comment

Great snack in the stand. Especially when you heat them up on the Little Buddy heater. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by RobinHood; 10-24-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                              Great snack in the stand. Especially when you hear them up on the Little Buddy heater. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahahaha.....the Vi-Enny king right hurra!

Comment

I have ate my fair share of them.
                                I prefer Libby’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X