Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this buck qualify as having an unbranched antler???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The answer to the ops question is, "NO". The buck in your picture does NOT have a "unbranched" antler. It does have a additional branch extending above the pedicle included on the same coronet as the main "left" beam. Like others have said, it would count as your "13 inch or greater buck" for that county. You could shoot him, but not shoot another 13"+ buck in the same county for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      I don't think the resident GWs want to reveal who they are

But, I'm of the same opinion of GarGuy. I'd also shoot him as my trophy and not worry about anything else

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      I would shoot him as my trophy and be deciding what pose I wanted at the Taxi. Yeah!!

Comment

No branched x2

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Lots of folks missing your point and question. If that beam comes from an independent pedicle, you can tag him as unbranched and still kill your other deer. I'm ccx afraid it is fused though.

This ^^^^^^

Lots of y’all are missing the point. “If” this is an unbranched antlered buck then the OP can kill it as such, and also still shoot another buck over 13”.

It all depends on the base and you can’t tell 100% from those pics.

If I had to simply guess from what I see then I believe it branches off and can’t be killed as an unbranched deer.

I’d definitely shoot this one first before taking one over 13” and find out.

Comment

You may only kill 1 deer with an inside spread over 13".

There are rules that allow you to kill a deer under 13" such as the unbranched antler.

You cant just say hey there's an unbranched antler so I get to shoot him and another deer over 13"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Lots of y’all are missing the point. “If” this is an unbranched antlered buck then the OP can kill it as such, and also still shoot another buck over 13”.
              Not according to the below.

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              Bag limit 2 bucks: No more than 1 buck may have an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. [In other words, one may harvest 1 buck with at least 1 unbranched antler and 1 buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. Or, one may chose to harvest 2 bucks with at least 1 unbranched antler. BUT, one may NOT harvest 2 bucks with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater.]

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post

I believe you are correct. Me and Garguy may be wrong in our thinking

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                  This here…..

Not that it matters, that additional beam branches off the main pedicure as the other main beam as well.

Comment

Not sure if it matters, but this pic looks like the extra beam isn't fused with the other one when you zoom in..
                    Attached Files

Comment

With 2 branched antlers and they are > 13 inches, I would think it would be a problem to try to go with 1 unbranched antler. But what do I know? I would not try it.

Comment

Working...
                      X