No announcement yet.

Skid steer brush cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realize we had so many of these machines here. I got a couple 100 acres of youpon playground available!

Could trade deer hunts or fishin trips [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We run the 85” Vail X Series on our machines but it all depends on your budget really, in this world you 100% get what you pay for. These are around 13-14k but they won’t leave you broke down all the time where the 5K dollar machines will if you beat the snot out of them.

You definitely want to go with a high flow cutter rated for your machines flow rate and don’t try to cut 10” trees with one if you plan on it running very long especially on a cheaper unit. Our X Series will do it but I can guarantee you it if you make a habit out of it your going to be opening your wallet on repair bills. We’ve worn out several different brands over the years and the Vails are our all time favorite unit. Buy once/cry once on quality equipment will save you money in long term.

Edit, I just saw your in NE Tx., where are you located? If your close by your welcome to come look at a HD unit compared to a cheap one.
      Last edited by Kong; 10-19-2021, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        I didn't realize we had so many of these machines here. I got a couple 100 acres of youpon playground available!

Could trade deer hunts or fishin trips [emoji3]

I’ll have to get better with it before I embarrass myself. Lol. I got to use the danuser tree puller for about an hour when I got home from work, and it’s a heckuva attachment. Me on the joysticks, not so much yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
          We run the 85” Vail X Series on our machines but it all depends on your budget really, in this world you 100% get what you pay for. These are around 13-14k but they won’t leave you broke down all the time where the 5K dollar machines will if you beat the snot out of them.

You definitely want to go with a high flow cutter rated for your machines flow rate and don’t try to cut 10” trees with one if you plan on it running very long especially on a cheaper unit. Our X Series will do it but I can guarantee you it if you make a habit out of it your going to be opening your wallet on repair bills. We’ve worn out several different brands over the years and the Vails are our all time favorite unit. Buy once/cry once on quality equipment will save you money in long term.

Edit, I just saw your in NE Tx., where are you located? If your close by your welcome to come look at a HD unit compared to a cheap one.
          I’m in Tira, between Cooper and Sulphur Springs. I want a good one, but I’m pretty ignorant to what I’m looking at, this is my first ctl. I’m good with tractors and their implements, but this is a new world to me. Every place I’ve called is happy to order me one, but even though I’m not real sure what I’m looking at I’d like to see it before I buy…..

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
            I’ll have to get better with it before I embarrass myself. Lol. I got to use the danuser tree puller for about an hour when I got home from work, and it’s a heckuva attachment. Me on the joysticks, not so much yet!
            That's OK lol, I can have my wife follow you on her tractor. She put 5 hours on it 2 weeks ago with a landscaping rake and might have got 1/3 of an acre

Comment

Anyone got feedback on open vs closed fronts? What does open do that closed can’t?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                That's OK lol, I can have my wife follow you on her tractor. She put 5 hours on it 2 weeks ago with a landscaping rake and might have got 1/3 of an acre

Lol, I kept looking around making sure the wife and kids weren’t watching!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                  Anyone got feedback on open vs closed fronts? What does open do that closed can’t?
                  Open is mainly used for actual clearing and the closed are geared more towards regular mowing type jobs. I’ve got 4 open and 2 closed and the closed can somewhat do all of it but in my opinion the suck for anything other than mowing weeds, heavy grass and briars. They constantly get clogged up in heavy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                    I’m in Tira, between Cooper and Sulphur Springs. I want a good one, but I’m pretty ignorant to what I’m looking at, this is my first ctl. I’m good with tractors and their implements, but this is a new world to me. Every place I’ve called is happy to order me one, but even though I’m not real sure what I’m looking at I’d like to see it before I buy…..
                    Shoot me a pm if you want to come look at one, I can show/tell you what to look for in a good one. We’ve got over 15,000 hours running these things so I’m pretty familiar with them,

Comment

I have a Jenkins. Cuts up to 7” material like it’s grass. Very well built.

Comment

I’m getting my svl75 on Friday. I’m between the groundshark or rut manufacturing terminator xp.

Comment

I would love to use something like these but I have too much rock. I have lots of cedar/huisache that I would like to clear. I may have to use a shear then burn it or stack and let it rot. I have to spray the huisache or it will come right back, they have roots like crazy from what I have seen when pulling some up.

Comment

Do any rental companies rent skidsteers with brush cutters like this? I need to widen our lease roads by cutting back the youpan.

Comment

Any reports on units yall have been using? I'm trying to decide on a high or low flow. Seems all have their pros and cons. I think i'm leaning to CID, MTL or the Rut terminator, Considered blue diamond as well but really wanting one that has some mulching teeth as well to help with the hardwood stumps.

Comment

We run a high flow Bradco Extreme Duty ground shark, it has blades and mulching teeth. It has no problem with up to 6" trees, will take out 8" just have to slow down with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X