No announcement yet.

lets see the buck(s) you really wanted to kill and never did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread - some true giants in here. Sad to think most never seen again are prolly on some losers wall maybe even shot out of season.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I would have loved to kill this one but never had the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That’s because you apparently didn’t hint the proper time of night

Comment

Had lots of pictures of him. We were sitting in the stand when we heard him get shot by the neighbor. Amazing free range central Texas buck.

[ATTACH]1066916[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1066917[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1066918[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1066919[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
          Here is a couple I passed and now regret. I have not seen either one on camera this year. I am hoping one or both will show up as the rut heats up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          Dang….curious as to why you passed that top deer?

Comment

I’ve been trying to kill this buck for the last 7 years, but I’m not sure he’s still alive after last season. I started getting pics of him in 2014, when he was probably around 3. I would guess that he would be 10 or 11 at this point. His rack was pretty freaky, and I wanted him bad. I had him pretty close twice, once in 2014 and another time in 2019. The guy that hunts the property next to our farm had him at 20 yards twice, but couldn’t get a shot. This old guy is quite a survivor.
            Attached Files

Comment

This stud.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is the last one I've lost sleep over. Had him at 25y the year before and got busted by a doe, neighbor killed him the year after these pics and he was in the 180s. One of my favorite bucks ever.

All of the bucks have been on low fence places under 100 acres, surrounded by small properties. I believe in letting young deer walk.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hunted this one for two years, a few encounters and came up empty handed when my neighbor/ friend put an arrow in him. E. Tx

5 years of history with this deer and he ultimately disappeared in 2019 as an 8.5 year old. Followed this deer over a 4 mile stretch with cameras year after year. E. Tx

This is a low scoring but giant old deer i watched a few years and put off hunting due to having a much larger buck and then he disappeared. Wish i could have hung him on the skinning rack scales for sure. Well over 200# E. Tx bruiser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Hix; 10-19-2021, 04:51 PM.

Comment

low fence buck - 200 hundred plus inches
                    Attached Files

Comment

I can’t find them now but when I started hunting NW OK hard back in early 2000’s we had a 200” deer on camera a couple times. Super high and tight Typical with no trash. Maybe 15-18” spread. Just a beautiful deer. I’ll keep looking. Never heard of him getting shot so guess it was just a died of old age one. He would have definitely been one you heard about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        Had lots of pictures of him. We were sitting in the stand when we heard him get shot by the neighbor. Amazing free range central Texas buck.

[ATTACH]1066916[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1066917[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1066918[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1066919[/ATTACH]
                        Ha! I remember when that deer was killed. Chase Nichols is a good buddy of mine. It’s been years ago. Brandon I think was the shooter? I forget. Heck of a buck either way.

Comment

I have hundreds of pics of this buck. Had him 20- 25 yards twice (and drew on him) last year in October. Going to see what he would be this year . Last November he was hit by a car not 20 yards from my gate to my house.I was sick.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here’s another one that “got away.” I definitely can’t complain. I’ve been very blessed and successful when it comes to patterning and bagging my target bucks.
                            Whether it takes 2 sits or 20.
                            This deer wouldn’t have scored very high but he was 20” wide and probably weighed 180 lbs (that’s pretty big for llano.) Probably upper 120s to 130. I hunted him for two seasons. He was very regular in Summer but would take off during the rut and show back up in December. We were just never at the same place at the same time.
                            I watched Wizard a week before the opener in 2019 then got 1 trail cam picture after that and haven’t seen him since.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6CFD9FB8-9853-4EBF-8F01-BB9549428CDD.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	24665706

Click image for larger version

Name:	C36D0CC9-1790-41BF-B28F-BCB7A9E3B6CC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	24665707
                            Last edited by Sika; 10-19-2021, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2
                              I have hundreds of pics of this buck. Had him 20- 25 yards twice (and drew on him) last year in October. Going to see what he would be this year . Last November he was hit by a car not 20 yards from my gate to my house.I was sick.
                              Ouch. This thread is kind of depressing!

Comment

I’ve always wanted a big 8 and this one had a tree growing from his head. This picture is from the neighbors camera the day that he was
                                Wounded never to be seen again.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X