No announcement yet.

lets see the buck(s) you really wanted to kill and never did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We only had this guy on cam 2 or 3 different times over a week or so period, never saw him again and never heard of anyone getting him. Probably the biggest deer I've ever had on cam.
    Attached Files

Comment

Not the highest scoring buck but I chased him for multiple years as he aged and had him in my sights one time but he wouldn't stop.
      Attached Files

Comment

First pic is one that really haunts me.... The wife & I had been at the lease for several days, Sunday morning the alarm goes off I hit the snooze a couple times & ponder on what to do Sleep in or head for the stand. The Wife tells me to either get up & go hunt or go back to sleep but for **** sakes turn the alarm off ..... I said " I'll just sleep in we'll get a good breakfast & start getting everything packed & ready to head home " & her words still ring clear to this day " you know if you don't go that's when that BIG UN is gonna show up " & guess what happened...... YUP YOU GUESSED IT.

Second Pic is the first year we got on the place & I hunted that deer religiously & passed on several others that were good shooters. That deer gave me the slip for 5 more years.....& was seen on every camera on our 5k acres but he was a ghost, nobody ever laid an eye on him. that 5th year one of our members was sitting in a bow blind the day before season & this buck walks in to get some corn. The member returns that evening & said " you'll never guess who I saw this evening MR. STICKERS ( hence my screen name ) He" said I know you've been after him for a long time go sit over there & shank him...... Man my blood was pumped & I couldn't sleep all night. Hunted there opening morning & nothing. Crawled back in the pop up about 3:00 settled in for a long sit & just as I got everything situated out of nowhere there he was at 18 steps I hadn't been there 15 min. He was busy eating corn & I came to full draw, then he turned & the staring came began. Just when I thought I couldn't hold it any longer he turned opened it up & I sent it..... Ended up making a not so perfect shot & had to back out on him that night, but the next morning with the help of a couple lease members we found him & still in good shape. glad we backed out because he hadn't been expired for very long..... Third pic is the same buck 5 years later Teeth were down in the gum line Taxidermist said over ten y/o
        Attached Files

Comment

Another 8 point, the biggest I've ever had on camera at my lease. I had him on camera for 2 years and the bow season of 17 he disappeared. I'm convinced my little brother saw him during muzzleloader season in 16 right at dark but it was too dark to shoot
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ElfEyes; 10-19-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Buck from a few years back. He was coming in everyday leading up to bow season then disappeared 2 days before season. Never saw him again.
            Blanco county low fence

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	beast 2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	24665653[/ATTACH] I bumped this one walking in that morning. He was mainly a ghost but would give us a pic every now and then over 2 yrs. Another lease member killed him the following year. He was about to shoot a spike then this buck walked out.. Rather be lucky than good any day of the week
              Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FD0AC3AF-FD58-443E-89D8-C94BF19ED98B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	24665654

Name:	3EE5EB11-93AB-4E4E-800F-CB433591AD4C.jpeg
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	24665655

The big 9 I had at 15 yards but didn’t have the right window open on my krivo. He busted me opening it. Nobody ever saw him again. He didn’t spook bad. Just turned and walked away.

Blessing as I killed my 165” buck the next weekend.

The big 8 I saw once but had no shot. Another guy in the lease busted him the next morning not far from where I saw him.

Comment

These deer have all been "gone" for over 2 years now. The multi-tined deer I watched for over 5 years and believe he was 4 the first year I saw him. In all those years but one he would break off an entire beam just past his G2 within or before the first two weeks of bow season and I would proceed to see him almost weekly after he was broke up. I never laid eyes on the 8 point but he is probably the largest frame 8 I've had the opportunity to hunt and I've killed a 147" 8 before.
                  Attached Files

Comment

lets see the buck(s) you really wanted to kill and never did

I haven’t been fortunate to hunt places very long or in places with huge deer. Seems as though every time I get on a place after 2-3 years it sells, but these are some deer that haunt me.

First is a buck from Mills County we had never seen but showed up so late all I could see was his body. Game cam picked him up and he was never seen again.

Second is a buck from McCulloch County. Big, clean 8. Beautiful deer. Had him once, but I was hunting with my infant (6month) daughter because momma and my son were home sick with the flu. I was gun hunting. Went to put ears on her and he vanished into the mist.

Last is the best deer we ever had on cam at the little place I hunt at my in-laws in DeWitt County. He came out perfect like clockwork on opening morning of bow season last year. I stuck him with what I thought was a perfect shot. I waited well over an hour and tracked a crime scene amount of blood for well over a mile over 3 hours. Finally reached a point where I didn’t have access to any further and never recovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by CentralTXHunter; 10-19-2021, 11:10 AM.

Comment

You have pushed a button now !

The only daylight pic I have of him after velvet peel. When he peeled he became a vampire !
                      Attached Files

Comment

The ones that got away...

Never saw the whitetails during the season. The muley never got closer that 585 yards. I hunted him for a week and never found him.

Name:	Apache#1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	24665675

Name:	247.jpg
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	24665676

Name:	083.jpg
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	24665677

Comment

I had this buck on camera for 3 years, but only 1 set of pics each time. Never saw him and these were the last pics. I am pretty sure he was killed a little ways south of me last season.

I have said it before, those Moultrie feeders are big buck magnets!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great thread! And some dang nice deer.

Deer like this thread is what keeps us all coming back.

Comment

Hunted this one for 3 years, missed him once with my bow. Only other time we laid eyes on him was before season opened. Neighbors got him

Name:	EF38BF79-9B69-498E-A855-F3B3B1180A70.jpeg
Size:	574.9 KB
ID:	24665682

This one I only had pictures for 2 years that I know of, heard he was shot by a neighbor with a bow on the fence line a couple days after this picture and to my knowledge never recovered.

Name:	3B932FC2-717C-43AC-8A44-D8190534430C.jpeg
Size:	427.6 KB
ID:	24665683

Then there was “narrow ass”. He was just never close to meeting antler restrictions. He was 6+ in this photo, never saw him after this season

Name:	121FF01C-2913-48DD-A319-991C36994BA1.jpeg
Size:	942.2 KB
ID:	24665684

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Most of you have seen fiddy and kicker3 . Lost a lot of sleep over them.
                                Those are pretty bucks.
                                Last edited by CrownKiller14; 10-19-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X