Waller County Plane Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    I was watching a live news report from a helicopter over the same. The reporter was showing skidmarks on the end of the runway to a fence and tree line maybe a couple of hundred yards away.

The reporter even commented on the skid marks up to impact with the tree line and they continued for a good district farther plane came to arrest.

The reporter’s comment? It went something like, the plane might have been flying very low forward to hit the fence and trees…… all The while talking about the skidmarks up to the impact with the trees.

She then went on to say that she is not a pilot so she cannot tell exactly what happened end it may be something went wrong. You think?

Well I am a pilot and I can’t tell exactly what went wrong either but I can guarantee something went wrong.

MAybe tried to abort for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      MAybe tried to abort for some reason
      Definitely aborted

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        Trey Duhon - Waller County Judge
        1mm3ohn1sred0 ·
        PLANE CRASH AT HOUSTON EXECUTIVE AIRPORT
        The Waller County Office of Emergency Management and WCSO are aware that there was a plane crash at Houston Executive Airport earlier this morning involving an MD-80 aircraft that was taking off from the Airport heading north.
        The information we have at this time indicates that the plane did not attain altitude at the end of the runway and went across Morton Road, coming to a rest in the field just north of the airport, where it caught on fire.
        Early reports indicate that all 19 passengers and crew safely exited the aircraft and there is a report of 1 injury with a passenger reporting back pain.
        At this time, numerous first responders are on scene and the plane is on fire and burning off jet fuel. That is the extent of information we have at this time.
        PLEASE AVOID THE AREA. MORTON ROAD WEST OF FM 2855 WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
        There is always that one guy looking for a check

Comment

Well I am a pilot and I can’t tell exactly what went wrong either but I can guarantee something went wrong.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I dont know jack about flying an airplane but I also guarantee it aint supposed to go like that......

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
            There is always that one guy looking for a check
            Bahahaha definitely! You hit their parked car in a parking lot and they walk out of the grocery store holding their back!

Comment

I have killed a plane load of geese in the field is crashed in

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It was right next to a friend of mine's property. He said it was amazingly loud... Said sounded like the plane tried to shut down/abort takeoff, but had passed the point of safe shutdown...

Someone should tell that reporter that a plane leaving skid marks on the runway and through the field is NOT FLYING!!

Praise God they were all able to get off the plane and away from it before it caught fire and burned up... Buddy said the sucker burned into a pile of ash and rubble, but stayed together in one piece...

Comment

I’ll bet that 100% of those survivors are re-examining their priorities now !

Comment

Owned by 987 investments

Comment

News reports said it was owned by a custom home builder in Houston flying to Boston for game 4 of Houston/Boston series.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        News reports said it was owned by a custom home builder in Houston flying to Boston for game 4 of Houston/Boston series.
                        Waller county Judge Trey Duhon just posted the same via Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          J Alan Kent

Comment

So probably tried to take off with improper flap settings or no flaps at all would be my guess.

Comment

J. Alan Kent is a custom home builder and was among the 21 people on board who miraculously all walked away from the fiery crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X