Skid steer brush cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skid steer brush cutter

My SVL75-2 should be delivered today and I need a brush cutter. Will be using to clean up my place such as overgrown fence rows and cleaning out saplings under pecan trees. I know that I don’t need/want a mulcher, just a good tough cutter. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My machine is a high flow unit. Thanks

We have a 72” and 60” groundshark GSS72 and GSS60 on our job site and they are great machines, we cut saplings and weeds up to probably 3” dia with them and have no problems. We run them on CAT 289D skidsteers. Not sure if high flow or not

Comment

I used a Bradco Ground Shark on a svl95 with high flow. It’s technically billed as a mulcher but is kind of a hybrid with a horizontal disc and mulching teeth. It worked great on big stuff such as half-rotted hackberries. However, it sucked on live, flexible stuff like grapevines, yaupons and huisaches. It’d suck it up in the deck and jam itself unless you went real slow and got one or two saplings (depending on size) at a time.

If I had it to do over again, I’d use a standard cutter instead. Here’s the one I used…

The Bradco Ground Shark Extreme Duty for skid steers clears brush and hardwood trees up to 7" with ease. Check it out today at Skid Steer Solutions

Comment

Actually, this was the one I used. I shouldn’t complain, because a friend let me borrow it for free, but it wasn’t the most efficient way to get it cleaned up.

The FD60 High-Flow Disk Mulcher maximizes up-time, minimizes service intervals, and can withstand aggressive use in a variety of conditions and forestry applications.

Comment

I use this for clearing land. In my opinion, it is the most versatile attachment for this application. It will cut/shred everything from grass to 6" trees. The only thing that it will not do is mulch. Essentially it is a conventional brush hawg on steroids and HGH. It is a simple design with blades that can be replaced.

Deck Style: Open Front Duty Rating: Extreme-Duty Cutting Width: 72 in Cutting Diameter: up to 10 in Hydraulic Flow: 23-45 GPM
          Attached Files
          Last edited by saintsfan; 10-19-2021, 07:53 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Thank y’all. Should I go with a high flow cutter or standard flow? I assumed I’d go with high flow but some say that standard is just fine for a brush cutter

Comment

I run a High Flow Blue Diamond Extreme duty brush cutter at the ranch. Chews through mesquite and brush with no problem. https://www.bluediamondattachments.c..._0488-edit.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
                I use this for clearing land. In my opinion, it is the most versatile attachment for this application. It will cut/shred everything from grass to 6" trees. The only thing that it will not do is mulch. Essentially it is a conventional brush hawg on steroids and HGH. It is a simple design with blades that can be replaced.

https://www.brushwolf.com/product/alpha/
                Thats bad looking motor scooter!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterdan View Post
                  I run a High Flow Blue Diamond Extreme duty brush cutter at the ranch. Chews through mesquite and brush with no problem. https://www.bluediamondattachments.c..._0488-edit.jpg
                  This ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterdan View Post
                    I have rented the standard flow unit a couple times and just purchased one. Great unit. I don;t know why you would not buy the high flow if that is what you machine is. Good luck.

Comment

I got one of these and it is fantastic shredder, Works great for brush up to 3" in diameter.

Comment

The only one I've used is that ground shark high flow, it's pretty dang good. It'll chew up all kinds of trees. They won't grind them up into teeny tiny bits like the grinders do, but they work pretty well and fast

Comment

I sell a ton of the 72" Blue Diamond Open Front Low Flow cutters. Check them out - I have one in stock. Call anytime to talk more about them. That wolf is a beast!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Thats bad looking motor scooter!
                            It really is. I just confirmed that it is rated for trees up to 10" but I usually use a saw for something that big. You can clear a lot of land really quickly with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                              Thank y’all. Should I go with a high flow cutter or standard flow? I assumed I’d go with high flow but some say that standard is just fine for a brush cutter
                              If you have high flow machine you have to go high flow cutter. It is very important to match the two up. You will destroy either attachment if they are not paired to the appropriate machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X