lets see the buck(s) you really wanted to kill and never did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets see the buck(s) you really wanted to kill and never did

seeing all the ldps lately, not having any shooters on cam yet, and watching all 3 of my spots go downhill the last 3-4 years (thanks a lot obama, and urban sprawl) has me looking though old pics and looking at big old bucks i chased and never sealed the deal on....and i have a bunch.

a few were killed by neighbors, a few seemed to just walk off into the woods, never to return.

lets see what you got

This is the one that started it for me. Growing up I never hunted anywhere that had "big" deer, in 2011 I went back out to my families 50 acres and this guy was running around as about a 140" 10pt. Chased him for 4 seasons and never saw him in person. this was the last season i saw him and i never heard if he was killed or not.
    Attached Files

Comment

Couldn’t seal the deal neighbor shot him (actually a guy leaving the lease )

It’s a low feeling getting texted the bottom picture
      Attached Files
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-19-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Comment

2007 and he still haunts me..

We called him Holy **** because that is what I said when I checked the cards that day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Holy Sheat 1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	24665622

Name:	Holy Sheat 2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	24665623

Name:	Holy Sheat 3.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	24665624

Comment

Have him over 220. Never saw him hunting and think he died of natural causes after this season
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

We called him Holy **** because that is what I said when I checked the cards that day.

[ATTACH]1066806[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1066807[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1066808[/ATTACH]
              Appropriately named! Thats the first thing I thought when I seen the pic
              And that was a Tom Green deer?

Comment

Here is one more for now, this guy came in from behind me on my trail one morning and caught me on TBH lol. I look up and he's standing about 15y to my left looking at my corn pile. I'm in a pop up and as he starts to walk to the corn, and between windows, i pick my bow up and hook the release, waiting for him to clear the next window and be on the corn. Waiting...waiting.... waiting... I decide to lean forward and try to find him and see that he's now about 45y out in the woods looking right at me. He walked off and was killed the next season by a neighbor. He was a tank of a deer. beams were 25+ the next year if i remember correct.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jshouse; 10-19-2021, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

[ATTACH]1066806[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1066807[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1066808[/ATTACH]
                  no idea what happened?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      Appropriately named! Thats the first thing I thought when I seen the pic
                      And that was a Tom Green deer?

Hood County... That was before I headed west.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        no idea what happened?

No sir....he never showed up in the daytime. I had 40 plus sits in different areas and didn't see a deer in the daytime at that place. We caught several poachers including one of the ranchhands on the place and knew that that the grandson was taking his Tarleton buddies spotlighting at night. Shot a few pigs and some good turkeys but that was it. Paid way too much to hunt close to home with those results. It was on 4800ish acres outside of Lipan. Decided to cut bait and leave for pastures with more deer sightings.

Comment

Lots of night time pics only 1 or 2 day time pics. Then he just disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most of you have seen fiddy and kicker3 . Lost a lot of sleep over them.
                            Attached Files

Comment

KS buck hunted for years. Annual pre-season pics. Never saw in real life. eventually just disappeared after about 6 years. Called him Hoss.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Aggiebow88; 10-19-2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X